Ros KellawayPartner, Competition, EU and Trade Group at Eversheds Sutherland
Ros is global co-chair of Eversheds Sutherland's Competition, EU and Trade Group and is one of the most experienced partners in our commercial practice. She has a very broad practice spanning all areas of competition law, advising public and private sector clients in relation to all aspects of competition and EU law. Recent experience includes:
- advising on a global blockchain joint venture for the sale of global commodities
- advising on the restructuring of the wholesale cash infrastructure from regulatory, antitrust and merger control perspectives
- advising a web hosting business on the competition aspects of their trading relationships
- advising on the provisions of the EU-UK Trade and Co-operation Agreement in relation to digital services
- advising on the CMA’s energy market investigation in relation to the imposition of regulation for retail prices
Ros is a member of the Joint Working Party of the Bar Council and the Law Society on Competition Law and regularly participates in meetings with the CMA Digital Task Force which relates to the shaping of future policy. Ros is a regular speaker at competition law conferences, as well as at sector focused events. In 2019, she chaired panels for the FIDE Foundation, a legal-economic think tank, on both the regulatory challenges in consumer protection and data protection in connection with big data.
Ros has been recognised for many years as a leading individual in Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession. She is currently described in Chambers UK as "very engaged, a very smart and practical lawyer with deep commitment to the client" and in Chambers Global as "one of a kind - calm and collected in crisis situations and can cut through a lot of information and get to the crux of the issue". She is also consistently recognised in The World's Leading Lawyers and Legal 500 for competition law and Brexit advice. In March 2017, Ros' team won the Global Competition Award for "Behavioural Matter of the Year - Europe"; and in 2018 the team won the Legal Business Competition team of the Year Award. Ros also won the Client Choice Award for competition law in 2018.