10-14 August 2020
Gonville & Caius College, University of Cambridge,
AICPA-CIMA Data Analytics School
Harness the value of data analytics for increased profits, improved efficiency and optimized business decisions.
5-day practical foundational/intermediate data analytics course for accounting and finance professionals, in the historical setting of Gonville & Caius College, University of Cambridge, UK.
Gain critical skills to drive your company and career forwards:
Day 1: Data Analysis Fundamentals
Discover the different job roles involved in the analytics practice, the most commonly encountered technologies in today's data ecosystem, and the concepts behind the most common types of data you will need to analyse.
- Determine how the digital transformation and disruption landscape create opportunities across the enterprise
- Identify the organisational ecosystem needed for becoming a data-driven organisation
- Analyse the life cycle of data and its implications for data-driven decision making
Day 2: Application of Data Analysis Essentials
Discover how to analyse data and calculate fundamental aspects of your data sets and provides the core concepts and definitions of data analytics.
- Determine and classify variables
- Calculate central tendency
- Calculate measurement and variability
Day 3: Data Analytics Modeling
Expand your ability to work with structured and unstructured data to drive a successful analytics practice.
- Identify opportunities, processes, and necessary data for solving analytical problems.
- Apply data profiling techniques to available data.
- Apply data cleansing techniques.
Day 4: Forecasting and Predictive Analytics
Discover fundamental techniques used for predictive analytics: regression, classification, clustering, optimisation, and simulation.
- Identify the different techniques of predictive analytics:
- Calculate varying types of regressions using R and Excel
- Apply classification and clustering algorithms
Day 5: Data Visualisation
This certificate will teach you fundamental visualisation techniques and explore a sampling of the most common reporting tools for producing meaningful visualisations.
- Formulate a data story with visualisations
- Identify key stake holder perspectives
- Determine organisational data needs
Understanding Data – Structured Data Tools
Understanding Data – Unstructured Data Tools
Classification Support Vector Machine
Classification Decision Trees
Learn in a variety of formats; in-depth presentations, interactive group discussions and practical case studies.
The evenings are devoted to networking activities. Connect with the speakers and your international peers. Reinforce your learning, exchange ideas and enjoy your experience at Gonville & Caius College, University of Cambridge, UK.
What will you gain?
Earn an AICPA CIMA digital badge and Data Analytics certificates
On completion of the Summer School, you will receive a digital badge and certificates to share with your professional network.
Available as a downloadable PDFs suitable for printing and framing.