Call for papers now open
We are looking for speakers to join the Arctic Shipping Forum 2020 programme.
Do you, or somebody you know, belong on the Arctic Shipping Forum stage? We want to hear from you!
Submit your abstract
If you work in industry, government or academia, or outside the maritime sector and want to share your knowledge and experiences with the Arctic shipping community, we are looking for you! Papers should be related to the following key issues driving the industry:
- New developments in design, materials and technology for ice-class vessels
- Operation of ice-going vessels
- The Polar Code in operation
- Winterisation issues: functionality of equipment
- Ice charting
- Communications in the Arctic
- Cruise shipping in the Arctic
- Emergency preparedness, rescue and response
- Developments in ice navigation training
- Oil spill response in ice-covered waters
- Propulsion systems for ice-going vessels
- Life-saving equipment for voyages in ice
- Environmental regulations
All abstracts must be submitted no later than 11 October 2019.
Abstract information should include:
- Paper title
- Outline of paper (abstract between 150 and 300 words for review by the committee)
Speakers will be allocated timings once the agenda has been confirmed. Please kindly note, sending an abstract does not guarantee you a speaking slot at the conference.
Criteria for selection:
The following criteria will be applied in determining the papers for inclusion in the 2020 programme:
- Technical originality
- Discussion of any challenges faced, including what went wrong and how these problems were addressed
- Papers accepted on technical merit, not commercial promotion of new products
- Papers which offer innovative solutions
How to submit an abstract
All abstracts should be sent to the event producer Chris Clarke not later than 11 October 2019.
Successful speakers/ authors will be notified by 31 October 2019.
Authors presenting the paper on the day will be automatically registered to attend the event free of charge.
Co‐authors will receive a 20% discount on the registration fees.
Speakers/ authors/ co‐authors will be responsible for any costs associated with attending this event (travel, accommodation, general expenses, etc.).
Get invaluable contact with key industry figures with one of our sponsorship and exhibition packages which can be tailored to meet your objectives and promotional budget.
For further information, please contact Daniel Barrett: E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +44 (0) 20 3377 3251