Kateryna GupaloPartner, Head of White Collar Crime Practice at Arzinger (Ukraine)
Kateryna Gupalo, Attorney-at-law, Partner, head of the White Collar Crime practice, co-head of the Anticorruption practice.
Kateryna’s expertise involves provision of legal aid to companies with foreign investments, to its top management as well as to private clients in criminal proceedings. Due to her understanding of the relevant business processes Kateryna effectively defends clients at all stages of criminal proceedings (in pre-trial investigations as well as in court).
Kateryna also deals with cross-border cases as well as represents her clients before international investigative bodies, incl. Interpol.
The companies include, in particular, Ukrainian subsidiaries of multinational grain-trading companies and other agribusiness representatives as well as food, pharma, timber processing, construction companies, etc. Kateryna also practices complex litigation and also has extensive expertise in the area of tax and customs litigation.
Kateryna is an active participant of scientific and practical conferences and forums.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS:
- Client Choice Awards 2019 recognizes Kateryna in Criminal Law.
- Client Choice Awards 2019 recognizes Kateryna in Business protection.
- National ranking “Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients” 2018, 2019 acknowledges Kateryna among notable practitioners in Criminal Law / White-Collar Crime.
- National ranking “Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients” 2019 acknowledges Kateryna among notable practitioners in Tax Litigation.
- Who’s Who Legal 2018, 2019 recommends Kateryna in Business Crime Defence: Corporates.
- Best Lawyers in Ukraine 2019, 2020 recognizes Kateryna among the best lawyers in Criminal Defense.
- The Legal 500 2019 recommends Kateryna in White-Collar Crime.
- The White Collar Crime practice headed by Kateryna is 'very efficient and provides good ideas about how to resolve a case'.
- Chambers Europe 2018, 2019 recommends Kateryna in Dispute Resolution: White-Collar Crime. Chambers Europe 2018, 2019 features Kateryna in Tax Law.
- Sources laud Kateryna for her "clients- and results-oriented" approach.
- The Legal 500 2017, 2018, 2019 features Kateryna in Dispute Resolution.
- Women in Investigations 2018 by Global Investigations Review highlights Kateryna as one of 100 female practitioners across the globe.
- Client Choice Awards 2018 recognizes Kateryna in Criminal Law and Procedure.
- World Tax Review 2018 recommends Kateryna in Dispute resolution WCC.
- According to one source, Kateryna “oversees tax disputes and white-collar defence, has built up a strong practice in their respective fields”.
- In 2018 Kateryna has become a member of the Board of the Association of graduates of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”.
- In 2017 Kateryna has become a member of the Board of All-Ukrainian NGO 'Ukrainian Advocates' Association' (UAA).
- Ms. Gupalo chairs the Committee on Business Protection of the NGO 'Union of the Ukrainian Entrepreneurs'.