Suruchi SuriPartner at Suri & Company (India)
Counsel with more than fifteen years experience in litigation and dispute resolution matters appearing before the Supreme Court of India, the High Court of Delhi and other Courts in India, Tribunals representing Banks, Infrastructure Companies, corporates and Public Sector Undertakings in their matters before Court and arbitral institutions.
2012– till date, Suri & Company, Law Firm, New Delhi, Partner
- Handling & managing independent dispute resolution practice group vertical
- Currently focus areas include Litigation and Dispute Resolution for Banks, Financial Institutions, MNC's in all courts and Tribunals including the Delhi High Court and Supreme Court of India
- Key responsibilities include strategizing on litigation support and overseeing a team.
Additional professional activities
- Have conducted training programmes for Young MCIA in association with HK45 on Emergency Arbitration in India and had speaking assignments and conducted for Young MCIA events.
- Have spoken at International Arbitration Conferences organized by ICC India and Wolters Kluwer on Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in India.
- Was part of the Society of Indian Law Firms-Bar Association of India Delegation to the ABA Conference in 2017. Made a presentation on 'Institutional Arbitration in India' at the Offices of DLA Piper at Washington D.C
- Empanelled by the Union of India to represent the Department of Central Excise and Customs at the Supreme Court of India from 2004-2006. Represented the Department in defending its Central Excise, Customs and Anti-Dumping cases before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Worked at The National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi and prepared a Status Report for the Chairperson and Members of the NHRC on the implementation of the Vishaka Guidelines on sexual harassment of women at the work place
- Was invited to speak at the second edition of the Bridge Talks organized by 'The Caravan' magazine in Mach 2018 on 'The End of Due Process?'
- Often invited on New Channels such as NDTV India 24X7 as a Legal Expert to discuss matters of legal and general importance.
- Member Bar Council of India, licensed to practice as an Advocate in India.
- Member of the Steering Committee of Young Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration (Young MCIA), associated with the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration which conducts arbitration training for practitioners under 40 since 2016. Have been selected to be on the Second Committee from 2019-2021.
- Working Secretary of India Chapter of the UIA i.e the Union Internationale des Avocats since 2016