15 October 2019
Fleming’s Selection Hotel Frankfurt-City,
Euro Benchmark Rates Forum
Get up to Speed with Developments in the Dynamic Euro Benchmarks Environment
Hear about proposed changes to benchmark administration, methodology, and policy.
Meet Our Expert Speakers
Navigate the Unique Challenges Presented by European Benchmark Reform
Join us in Frankfurt for a comprehensive conference focusing on Euro reference rates.
Over the course of one day, hear from experts on regulatory priorities, the transition from EONIA to €STR, EURIBOR reform, hedge accounting solutions, Euro RFR working group developments and much more.
The ECB will publish the Euro short-term rate (€STR) on 2 October 2019 and with EURIBOR undergoing reforms, this event represents a fantastic opportunity to benefit from cutting edge insights from financial leaders.
What are the Priorities and Outcomes of the Euro Risk Free Rates Working Group?
- Learn about the new hybrid EURIBOR methodology.
- Find out about effective strategies for education and communication during a period of transition.
- Consider methods that encourage liquidity in the derivatives market.
- Examine use cases for €STR in cash products.
What Does European Benchmark Transition Mean from a Legal and Operational Standpoint?
- There are an estimated €22 trillion of EONIA-linked derivatives contracts and €109 trillion EURIBOR linked derivatives contracts.
- Ensure contract robustness for legacy products.
- Explore the legal and financial implications of negotiating and converting contracts.
- Learn about the implications of benchmark reform on operations and valuations.
What Challenges Does the Transition Present for Different Market Participants?
- Find solutions to challenges in the cash and derivatives markets.
- Discuss issues arising from 3rd country benchmarks.
- Understand the challenges faced by the sell-side, the buy-side and non-financial corporate organisations.
- Address future transition plans in 2020 and beyond.