September 16, 2020
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, LLP, 51 W 52nd St, New York, NY 10019,
New York, USA
Benchmark Rates Forum New York
Navigating in a Dynamic Benchmarks Environment
Diverse Market Participants Explore the Transition to SOFR, EU Benchmark Reform, LIBOR Legacy Contracts, Rate Robustness, Term Rates, Accounting Challenges, and Client Communications.
Planning for Success in a Dynamic Benchmarks Environment
A new event in the spirit of our popular Benchmarks Reform series, the New York Benchmark Rates Forum is the first symposium on benchmark regulation and risk free rates geared specifically to the needs of the American market. With the New York Fed publishing SOFR from April 3, there's never been a better time to benefit from cutting-edge insights on the adoption of risk free rates. Join us in June for in-depth discussions on fallback and transition planning, compliance, accounting and risk management systems updating, price discovery, and contract continuity.
Navigate the ARRC's Paced Transition Plan
- Discuss moving hedging activity into SOFR-based derivatives.
- Assess challenges relating to building liquidity in underlying rates.
- Consider how term rates will be constructed from SOFR.
- For corporate debt issuers, explore how to best disclose and control risks associated with the deterioration or discontinuation of LIBOR.
Ensure Contract Robustness for Legacy Products
- More than $300 trn of contracts use an IBOR as an underlying benchmark. What happens to these products after 2021?
- Explore the legal and financial aspects of negotiating and converting LIBOR-referencing legacy contracts.
- Investigate what lessons can be derived from the management of contracts referencing discontinued LIBOR currency rates.
- Examine challenges that may arise from the underlying methodological differences between IBORs and SOFR
Explore Accounting and Operational Aspects of the Risk Free Rates Transition
- Consider ways in which the behavior of SOFR will differ from LIBOR.
- Get new insights on how to efficiently and effectively migrate from USD LIBOR to the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR)
- Address technical accounting problems arising from the use of new benchmarks.
- Understand how to efficiently navigate multiple global benchmarks.
Hear from Leading Experts on Benchmark Use, Benchmark Policy, and Rates Strategy
Associate General Counsel & Senior Vice President, Public Policy
Loan Syndications and Trading Association (LSTA)
Get involved in Risk Free Rates
We can tailor specific sponsorship and exhibition packages to help you meet and influence the people who are going to ensue the growth of your business now and in the future. With a clear understanding of your overall marketing strategy, we will work in partnership with you to develop a bespoke marketing solution to meet your objectives. We will ensure that you enjoy all the benefits of association with the right event, targeted at the right delegates, with a promotional package that underpins your marketing strategy.
We can provide flexible and tailored solutions to optimise your investment. Contact us for more information on how you can get involved at the event.