BUILDEX is the premier industry event in Western Canada for all things construction, architecture, design and property management. BUILDEX attracts industry professionals from across Western Canada and the booth designs should represent and reflect that high business standard. The look and feel of your exhibit space will make a direct impact on attendees on the tradeshow floor. Ensure that you consider factors such as lighting, flooring, layout and customer experience to ensure your space exceeds expectations.
Hardwalls, Heights & Sightlines
- NEW THIS YEAR! Full sidewalls are allowed. Side walls can be eight (8) feet , no higher, no lower. The back side of these walls need to be fully finished with a neutral colour (ex. white or black) with absolutely no logos or branding.
- Exhibitors are provided with floor space only. The booth fee does not include walls of any kind. Each exhibitor is responsible for providing a back wall display that is at between 8 feet in height (no more, no less) to create a partition from each adjoining booth.
- Any exhibits that deviate from the regulations below must be submitted in writing to John Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org and approved prior to move-in. Show Management reserves the right to alter displays for any exhibits that do not conform to regulations.
The Following Items are NOT Included with your Booth Space
- Flooring: It is strongly advised to have carpet or equivalent flooring completely covering the visible floor in your exhibit space. If you require rental carpet, refer to the Levy Show Service forms on the Order Forms page – alternatively, you may bring your own quality carpet, tile, hardwood or other flooring material for your booth.
- Electrical Services: If your exhibit requires electricity, be sure to order these services prior to the event to save time, money and hassles on-site. Please refer to the VCC online exhibitor order page linked through the Service Order Forms page.
- Drayage: If you need the use of a forklift or another form of labor to unload/load your material, there are associated costs. Material handling is fixed based on your exhibit size – this saves money for the average exhibitor who needs the use of a forklift. Please refer to the Move-In/Move-Out Procedures for details and the Service Order Forms page for Material Handling forms.
- Miscellaneous Accessories: Tables, chairs, plants etc. are not provided – feel free to bring your own, or refer to the Levy Show Service Forms on the Service Order Forms page for rental equipment.
BUILDEX is the premier industry event in British Columbia for all things construction, architecture, design and property management. BUILDEX attracts industry professionals from across Western Canada and all booth designs should represent and reflect the high business standard.
No display may be arranged so that an exhibitor must stand in the aisle in front of the booth to conduct business. Moreover, no merchandise, chairs, tables, lights, signs or other exhibitor items may extend into the aisle. As well, the handing out of company marketing materials anywhere other than inside your contracted booth space is prohibited. Remember your space does not include floor covering, electricity or lighting. Refer to the Supplier Order Form page to make these arrangements and familiarize yourself with the Booth Design Guidelines.
Any exhibits that deviate from the regulations below must be submitted in writing to Nicole Walz at email@example.com and approved prior to move-in. Show Management reserves the right to alter displays for any exhibits that do not conform to regulations.
The cost of booth carpet/floor covering is not included in the booth rental; exhibitors must bring or rent their own with floor covering. To rent carpet through Levy Show Services click here.
Painting, nailing or drilling of floor is not permitted. Exhibitors wishing to lay tile or other floor covering, or build any structure, may not adhere it directly to the building floor. It is required that building paper, plastic sheeting, or some other suitable protection be laid on the building floor. If two-sided tape is used, it must be completely removed by the exhibitor during move-out. Exhibitors must NOT use masking tape, clear packaging tape or duct tape to adhere the covering to the show floor. The recommended tape is Scapa Tape which is a high-adhesion double-sided loth tape commonly used at trade shows; it leaves almost no residue upon removal. Scapa Tape is available from Thomas FX Group Inc. (140 Riverside Drive West, North Vancouver Tel. 1.604.929.5455 / www.thomasfx.com) or National Hardware Sales Ltd. (Tel. 1.877.877.0873 / sales@nhsmedia).
Upon removal of each booth, the Vancouver Convention Centre and Show Management will inspect each space for any damages incurred by the exhibitor and to check that all materials, including tape residue left on the floor, are properly removed. Any charges to make good the exhibit space will be passed on to the exhibitor. All garbage, and disposal of leftover materials are the responsibility of the exhibitor, if materials are left in the booth, the fee for disposal will be passed on to the exhibitor.