13 December 2017
Complying with the the Client Assets Sourcebook's Client Money Rules and Prudent Segregation Requirements
A Practical and Interactive Workshop - Led by a CF10a
The Client Assets (CASS) rules continue to provide significant and increasing challenges to firms. One of these challenges is the degree to which compliance with the rules is subject to increasing independent scrutiny, not just by the FCA, but also through the external annual CASS audit requirement. Another challenge is the range of interpretation of the rules themselves.
This full day workshop will focus on the key requirements of the CASS 7 (Client Money) rules and provide guidance on implementing effective and cost efficient compliance approaches. It will also focus on the critical area of client money reconciliations and the widely debated issue of prudent segregation.
Attending this workshop will increase your knowledge in:
- Scope of CASS 7 and available exemptions
- Mapping the rule book to operational practice
- Client money due diligence and diversification
- Internal and external client money reconciliations
- Prudent segregation approaches
Who Should Attend?
- People holding the client money oversight function, CF10a and SMF18
- Senior operations management
- Compliance, risk and internal audit specialists
- Operations personnel
- Improve your understanding of the Client Money rules
- Understand the impact of the rules on your business and any available exemptions
- Implement efficient client money reconciliation approaches
- Learn how to use prudent segregation effectively
Meet Your Workshop Leader!
With over 20 years of experience in senior roles with Big 4 and other significant accountancy and advisory firms, Kevin Huby is a widely respected figure in the world of Client Assets regulation drawing upon operational insight from many major engagements at banks, brokers, asset managers and third party administrators.
Since January 2015, Kevin has led his own consultancy firm, Prin10 Limited. He is the CASS operational oversight function holder for Hoare & Co, RBS Asset Management (ACD) Limited and key advisor to a number of other firms. Kevin also helped design, and provides the expert content for, the ground breaking Axiom for CASS software platform.