Shefali ShahIndependent Consultant at Indi
Shefali Shah is a highly experienced biopharma industry professional specializing in the areas of reimbursement, pricing, and commercial development. Shefali started her career at The Lewin Group, where she supported various pharmaceutical clients on a range of commercial issues, including BD diligence, revenue forecasting, pricing and reimbursement strategy. She then spent a number of years at Genentech, where she managed the home office Government Affairs group and led reimbursement policy and pricing strategy across the portfolio, including for key Genentech products notably Avastin, Tarceva and Lucentis. Shefali also played a significant role in assessing Genentech’s commercial response to key legislative and policy initiatives such as the Medicare Modernization Act (MMA). After this role, Shefali moved to the Commercial organization where she led all market planning activities for Avastin, including the commercial forecast, competitive intelligence and evaluating all lifecycle opportunities.
Most recently, Shefali was at Seattle Genetics where she played a key role in building the commercial organization. During her tenure at Seattle Genetics, Shefali was responsible for launch pricing of Adcetris as well as the commercial lead for clinical development and all market forecasting and ongoing pricing strategy for Adcetris and pipeline agents, as well as commercial assessments for BD diligence.
Currently, Shefali is an advisor to pharma and biotech companies on issues related to commercialization, pricing and reimbursement policy.
Recent projects include:
- White paper for industry trade group on two year reimbursement policy outlook, used to inform policy and lobbying priorities.
- Continuous monitoring for reimbursement and pricing policy developments at the state and federal level for pre-launch biotech company.
- Development of executive and field pricing and value messages for newly launched oncology agent, including executive message training.
- Development of indication based pricing strategy in competitive indication
- Market assessment, including pricing potential, commercial revenue for an in-licensing target for a small biotech company.
- Managed CMS engagement strategy and NTAP application for cell therapy.
- Created educational materials and conducted internal trainings (executive and field level) on FDAMA114 for mid size pharma company in speciality markets.
- Developed strategic payor plan, including identifying critical success factors and tactical plan, for novel, high cost gene therapy.
Shefali holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Dartmouth College and a Masters in Public Health with a concentration in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from Boston University
Shafli Shah Consulting, LLC