Develop a clear understanding of ballast water management whilst addressing its implications upon the environment
Gain insight into ballast water management, and how it effects shipping operations and the environment.
Certificate in Ballast Water Management
- Module 1 – Ballast Water - An Overview
- Module 2 – The Ballast Water Management (BWM) Convention and Implementation
- Module 3 – Roles and Responsibilities within Ballast Water Management
- Module 4 – Ballast Water Treatment Technologies
- Module 5 – Sampling and Monitoring
- Module 6 – Ballast Water Risk Assessment
What you'll learn
- The impact Ballast Water has upon the environment and how it can be addressed
- Clear guidance and a thorough understanding of the BWM Convention, and how it is implemented
- The roles and responsibilities within ballast water management
- The processes and requirements for ballast water treatment technologies and the operational and safety issues surrounding it
- The standards of sampling and monitoring ballast water, in order to understand and comply with ballast water management
- The risks involved in ballast water management and the guidelines set out by the IMO
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs