Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks
An introduction to blockchain and its potential to streamline shipping operations
Learn what blockchain is, how it can be utilised in shipping and how you can leverage its benefits to improve your shipping operations.
Certificate in Blockchain Shipping
- Module 1 - Introduction to Blockchain & DLTs
- Module 2 - Blockchain/DLT Applications in the Shipping Industry
- Module 3 - Blockchain and Shipping Operations in Practice
- Module 4 - Setting Up a Blockchain/DLT in Shipping
- Module 5 - Blockchain Issues in Shipping
- Module 6 - Blockchain: Future applications in Shipping
What you'll learn
- Blockchain/DLT Applications in shipping
- How will Blockchain/DLT affect shipping on a commercial level?
- Legal agreements via smart contracts
- Frameworks (Ethereum, Corda, Hyperledger)
- Security and data ownership
- The autonomous ship
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs