Get the essential know-how and tools to become a successful Designated Person
Gain a thorough understanding of the requirements, duties & responsibilities of a DP, and ensure safe and efficient operation of vessels.
Certificate in Designated Person (DP)
- Module 1 – Introduction to the Course
- Module 2 – The ISM Code and ISPS Code
- Module 3 – Maritime Legislation
- Module 4 – Conventions, Codes, Guidelines, Standards
- Module 5 – The Designated Person and their position in the Company
- Module 6 – Case Study
What you'll learn
- Determine who the designated person is, what are their functions and what they do
- Analyse the ISM Code
- SOLAS Chapter IX – Management for the safe operation of ships
- How a SMS works
- Cycle of certification
- Understand The framework of maritime legislation
- International legislation
- Regional legislation
- National legislation
- Making sense of the various pieces of legislation and how they fit into the company and its SMS
- Describe the relationship of the DP and the crews on board the ships
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Assessed and awarded by North Kent College
Delivered in partnership between the National Maritime Training Centre at North Kent College and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, the course continues to be the ideal professional development course for existing ship managers, prospective ship managers and for those who work alongside the ship management sector.
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs