Delivered by digital learning over 12 weeks
Introductory professional development course covering the essentials of superyacht surveying
This specialist online course will prepare you to meet and deal with specific challenges of surveying of different types of superyachts.
Certificate in Superyacht Surveying Online Course
- Module 1 – Introduction to Superyachts
- Module 2 – Superyacht Hull Structures
- Module 3 – Superyacht Machinery and Safety Systems
- Module 4 – Classification of Statutory Requirements
- Module 5 – The International Maritime Labour Convention for Superyachts
- Module 6 – Life-Saving Appliances, Stability, Tests and Trials
What you'll learn
This course will discuss the survey of superyachts, what is required and how the surveyor deals with bespoke vessels for the survey and certification matter. You will learn:
- Identify vessels which should be treated as “superyachts”
- The United Nations, International Maritime Organization, and other bodies’ requirements for superyachts
- How to produce a scope of survey for a superyacht on a case-by-case basis
- How to perform and report findings for a superyacht survey
- The classification and statutory requirements for superyachts;
- And plenty more!
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs