Delivered by digital learning over 16 weeks (Part-time)
Gain a thorough understanding of the laws which govern international trade and transport
Study legal principles and contracts involved in the sale, carriage and transport of goods by sea, road, rail and air
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE?
If you have questions or you would like to talk to one of our Education Consultants, get in touch! Contact +44 (0) 20 8052 2710 for extra details.
Certificate in Trade & Transport Regulation
- Module 1 - International Trade and the Sale of Goods – Legal and Contractual Frameworks
- Module 2 - Standard Trade Terms
- Module 3 - Carriage of Goods by Sea
- Module 4 - Carriage of Goods by Road, Rail, Air and Multimodal Transportation
- Module 5 - Legal Aspects of International Trade Finance
- Module 6 - Electronic Commerce
- Module 7 - Resolution of Commercial Disputes- Commercial Litigation
- Module 8 - Resolution of Commercial Disputes - Commercial Arbitration
What you'll learn
- The contractual relationships in international trade as well as the relevant legal frameworks.
- The trade terms used in detail, with an in-depth look at CIF (cost, insurance and freight) and FOB (free on board) contracts.
- The law behind the carriage of goods by sea, describing the legal mechanisms behind charterparties and bills of lading and how they are implemented.
- The rules and conventions imposed upon the carriage of goods by road, rail and air, and on a multimodal basis.
- The legal aspects of trade finance in more detail, exploring the various mechanisms used, such as bills of exchange, documentary bills and letters of credit.
- The laws behind the burgeoning international trade executed electronically.
- The nature of commercial litigation as it relates to international trade, including the process involved and how transnational litigation is carried out.
- The different types of commercial arbitration available, the stages of the process, and the regulatory framework behind the process.
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project submissions
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
Also, your Digital Badge allows you to get labor market insights data including job openings, salary ranges and selected top employers, and you can display the badge in your email signature, electronic copies of your resume and on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs