Basket, Umbrella and Platform Trials
Design, Drive and Manage Complex Trials Through Innovative Use of Master Protocols
Learn from industry experts to overcome trial complexities and operationalize strategies to plan, design, and manage basket, umbrella and platform trials.
Streamline your clinical trial processes
Explore new trial formats, legal hurdles, patient recruitment challenges and other operational considerations for clinical trial protocol success.
Best Practice Examples From Clinical Thought-Leaders
- BeatAML and PedAl master protocol updates from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- The ORIEN Project: A comprehensive patient information database for oncology studies
- Platform trials from the statistical perspective
- The revolution of biopsies vs. blood tests for screenings in trials
Put Yourself at the Center of Interactive Discussion:
- How to deeply engage the patient voice into your protocols
- The global view of master protocol's
- Policy and regulatory perspectives on pediatric studies
New for 2020: Participate in a Mock Master Protocol Design for Immunology
- Join experts from Johnson & Johnson, Gilead, the Patient Advocates in Research (PAIR) and more in a lively discussion to build a mock Immunology focused Master Protocol
- Discuss the key elements to think about in design, site preparation, regulatory, informed consent, endpoints and more!
Insights into streamlining your Master Protocol Design
Elevate your clinical trial design and rise above the competition on the Basket, Umbrella and Platform trial track. You will:
Join Discussions on How to Deeply Engage the Patient Voice into Your Protocols
Participate in a Mock Master Protocol Design for Immunology
Hear Case Studies on the Statistical View of Platform Trials, and Efficiency and Type I Error Control of a Generalized Confirmatory Basket Trial Design
Learn about a Unique and Comprehensive Patient Information Database for Oncology Studies – The ORIEN Project
Basket, Umbrella and Platform Trials: Meet Our Speakers
Learn from, and network with...
Pamela Simpkins, MBA
Senior Director, Child Health Innovation Leadership Department (CHILD)
Johnson & Johnson
Gregory Reaman, M.D.
Associate Director Pediatric Oncology, Oncology Center of Excellence, Office of the Commissioner, Associate Director Pediatric Oncology, Office of Oncological Diseases, Officer of New Drugs,
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U.S., Food and Drug Administration (invited)
Robert A Beckman, M.D.
Professor of Oncology and Biostatistic, Bioinformatics, and Biomathematics, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center and Innovation Center for Biomedical Informatics, Georgetown University Medical Center
Scientific Advisor, Office of the Senior Vice President for Research, Georgetown University
Len Rosenberg, Ph.D.
Head, Clinical Operations
Beat AML, a division of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Alex Sverdlov, Ph.D.
Director Statistical Scientist, Early Development Biostatistics - Translational Medicine
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Basket, Umbrella and Platform Trials: 2019 Attendees
- Almac Clinical Technologies
- Eli Lilly & Company
- EMD Serono
- Fate Therapeutics
- Foundation for the National Instiutes Health
- Foundation Medicine
- Hookipa Pharma
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals
- Janssen Biologics
- Janssen R&D
- Johnson & Johnson
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Medidata Solutions
- National Cancer Institute
- PAREXEL Informatics
- Patient Advocates in Research
- PSI CRO
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Sage Therapeutics
- Signant Health
- Tactical Therapeutics
- United Therapeutics
- US Food & Drug Administration