9th June 2020
Competition Law in Transport: Aviation, Shipping or Motor Vehicles
Your annual review of regulatory and competition law developments affecting the aviation, shipping and motor vehicle sectors.
Join us at the successor event to:
Competition law in the Aviation Sector
Competition Law Challenges in the Shipping Sector
Competition Law Challenges in the Motor Vehicle Sector
Experts who will be speaking at the 2020 conference include:
Highlights from the morning plenary sessions include:
A European Commission Keynote Address
Henrik Morch, Director Transport, Post and Other Services at the European Commission will deliver the keynote presentation, discussing the new Commission's approach to competition law across transport sectors in the face of the triptych challenges of globalisation, digitisation and climate change.
Impacts of the Green Deal
Should the implementation of competition law/state aid be used to pursue pressing public policy goals, such as ESG (environmental, social and governance) issues? Are the Commission’s current tools fit for such a purpose?
Connectivity: Access to and Sharing of Data
The Internet of Things (IoT) has created rapidly evolving business and safety implications, with a huge antitrust element: where do the parameters on the use of data lie?
Beyond Brexit: Cross-Sectional Implications for Transport
What lies beyond the transition period? The UK’s Transport Outlook Post Brexit: the 2040 fuel ban legislation, COP26, the 2050 Aviation Policy, and the issue of free ports.
This unique event will feature multi-streamed afternoon sessions, grouped into the following themes:
Stream 1: Aviation
- Analysis of recent airline mergers and alliance cases.
- Airline insolvencies and the use of state aid.
- Ticket distribution: Online restrictions.
- Updates on civil litigation.
- In-house perspectives.
- The CAA's view on the market power of airports.
Stream 2: Shipping
- Consortia block exemption: Latest developments.
- In-house perspectives.
- Global mega-mergers and EU maritime competition law: time for European champions?
- Developments in the regulation of ports.
- Blockchain: Benefits and drawbacks for competition.
- Logistics and vertical integration: antitrust concerns.
Stream 3: Motor Vehicles
- Update on private enforcement.
- "New Mobility": Leap forward or cause for concern?
- Consolidation in the automotive sector: Lessons from recent mergers.
- Distribution agreements and price algorithms in supply chains.
- Motor vehicle block exemption regulation: What does the future hold?
- Electrification and automation: Impacts for competition law.
WHY ATTEND INFORMA CONNECT'S COMPETITION LAW CONFERENCES?
"Provided a great forum for raising and discussing the often unanswerable questions specific to the sector."
Legal Director, Eversheds Sutherland LLP
"An excellent fully packed update for all who work with the car industry!"
Partner, Pestalozzi Attorneys at Law
"A comprehensive up-date on what is happening in the EU within this sector."
Managing Partner, NorelidHolm