29-30 November 2021, Virtual Conference
Delivered Live (CET Time) & On Demand Afterwards
Competition Law in Transport: Aviation, Shipping, Motor Vehicles & Rail
Analyse how the transport sector is responding to the challenges of sustainability, the impact of Covid, multijurisdictional mergers in light of Article 22 and FDI rules, then deep dive into specific developments affecting each of the sectors during streamed discussions.
REGULATORS, IN-HOUSE COUNSEL AND TOP LEGAL MINDS FROM ACROSS THE TRANSPORT SECTOR JOINING THE VIRTUAL STAGE IN 2021 INCLUDE:
UP-TO-THE-MINUTE GUIDANCE ON THE COMPETITION LAW ISSUES AFFECTING THE AVIATION, SHIPPING, MOTOR VEHICLE & RAIL SECTORS:
Gain an in-depth review of the major competition law and case law developments affecting the transport sector, then join us for highly focused streamed sessions on the specific issues affecting aviation, shipping and motor vehicles.
A View from the Commission
Hear directly from the European Commission on the policy developments in the transport sector, then join a live Q&A to address your burning questions.
Sustainability & the Green Deal
How can competition policy support the objectives of the Green Deal? Review the Horizontal Guidelines and the Commission’s approach to collaboration and cooperation for sustainability aims, including practical ramifications for the transport sector and its supply chain.
Gain an update on Trucks, Air Cargo, RoRo and other significant cases. Hear from our panel of speakers on the new theories of harm, collective actions and approaches to follow on damages in the UK, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands.
Merger Control Developments
Analyse what the Commission is trying to achieve with Article 22 referrals, including Illumina/GRAIL case and join the debate on common shareholdings by institutional investors. Then, consider current trends and practical implications of significant mergers in the aviation, shipping and motor vehicles sectors.
Foreign Direct Investment
Examine FDI Screening Regulation and approaches by member states, including national vs European champions as well as their implications for foreign investment in the shipping and motor vehicle sectors.
Discuss with your peers, the responses to the COVID-19 crisis including the Temporary Framework, national schemes and the EU Recovery Plan. Then, consider the new state aid guidelines for ports and infrastructure and state aid in the rail sector as well as UK state aid and foreign subsidy regime post-Brexit.
CHOOSE FROM 1 OF 2 HIGHLY FOCUSED STREAMED SESSIONS:
Don't forget, if you want to join both the streams taking place at the same time, all of the sessions will be recorded so you can watch them on-demand.
3 sessions dedicated to practical issues in the shipping sector:
- Consortia and Alliances, including Review of the Consortia Block Exemption Regulation
- Information Exchange & Price Fixing in the Shipping Sector
- Ports, Logistics & Vertical Integration
3 sessions dedicated to the latest developments in the motor vehicle sector:
- Motor Vehicle Block Exemptions: A View from the Commissions
- Motor Vehicle & Vertical Block Exemption Regulations: Industry Perspectives
- Electrified Cars & Connected Vehicles
2 sessions examining current challenges in the aviation sector:
- Online Ticket Distribution
- In-House Perspectives on Competition Law in the Aviation Sector
COMPETITION LAW IN TRANSPORT 2021: DIGITAL EDITION
Expert industry speakers. Hundreds of connections. Unparalleled networking opportunities. All delivered online, direct to you.
- In-depth sessions, live Q&As and engaging polls
- Connect with your peers before, during and after the event with 1:1 or group video meetings
- Virtual "coffee tables" and spontaneous encounters with old friends and new
- Download detailed presentations to revisit in your own time
- Increased flexibility to fit Competition Law in Transport around your schedule
- Benefit from reduced costs and save time