Monday 24 - Friday 28 January 2022
Construction Law Winter School
A unique event for professionals wishing to delve into all aspects of international construction law to ensure comprehensive and wide-ranging knowledge
The fundamental event for international construction law
The interactive 5-day residential Construction Law Winter School will provide an insightful review of key developments in international construction law and the legal changes affecting the industry.
Experts will discuss international initiatives, legal trends, contract forms, and standards in best practice.
Reviewing real cases from across the globe and practical examples, each day of the event will focus on particular topical issues to prepare you for future challenges in your everyday work.
The ideal event for people in a variety of different job roles including engineers, project managers, contractors and lawyers - anyone that would benefit from detailed and intensive guidance on all the key aspects of international construction and engineering law.
Gain essential and comprehensive legal knowledge in just five days with this construction law course - 2022 topics include:
Compare and Contrast Jurisdictions
- Explore key jurisdictional differences across the globe
- Dedicated day focused on international construction law
- Gain insights on tackling differences in legal codes and practices
- Learn the best negotiation practices for international projects
- Explore key emerging markets and taking over across jurisdictions
Understand the Difference Between the Contract Forms to Gain an Advantage
- Find out about the new FIDIC contracts
- NEC4 is coming - what will this mean for you?
- Discover how to negotiate EPC contracts
- A look at FIDIC alternatives - are they viable?
- Understand the issues surrounding terminations under FIDIC and differing legal codes
- Experience an in-depth workshop on time & delay led by a globally recognised expert
An Authoritative Take on Dispute Resolution
- Hear about hot-tubbing and the international possibilities within the modern Technology and Construction Court
- Understand the contractual possibilities (and learn which one to choose)
- Garner insight into the status and procedures of dispute boards
- Discover alternative dispute resolution and what it means for your construction projects
Make Sure You Understand Procurement and Payment Options
- Gain a firm understanding of international procurement regulation and best practices
- Understand the differences between bonds, advance payment bonds, and guarantees
- Master the key insurance law issues you need to know
- Find out the key differences between Construction Acts around the world and how they affect your payments
Learning Mechanics for Everyone
- Experience presentations designed to impart the knowledge you need using real-life examples
- Get involved in hands-on workshops moderated by experts
- Ask questions throughout and participate in debates
- Use case studies to see what happened and what could have been done differently
Network with industry experts
- Spend five days in historic Cambridge connecting with your peers from across the globe
- Show off your knowledge at our traditional pub quiz night
- Take part in Cambridge punting - admire some of the most famous colleges in the city
- Step into the historic, candle-lit dining hall at Downing College for a formal gala dinner
- Enjoy a walking tour around the city led by local guides
New for 2022: A focus on the progress to net zero
For the first time, Day 5 of Construction Law will focus on the progress to net zero and what this means for the industry.
This crucial topic will spotlight how different areas of Construction Law are tackling net zero and examine how processes can be optimised, including, what has been done so far and the significant strides that still need to be made.
Net zero will dominate discourse for years to come. This is your opportunity to hear expert insights and kickstart your career as we strive for a carbon neutral society.
Informative, insightful and highly rewarding. More than just a “crash course” in construction law.
Get the full picture - the speakers at the 2022 Construction Law Winter School include:
Monday 24 - Friday 28 January 2022
UNIQUE MULTI-FORMAT LEARNING AND NETWORKING EXPERIENCE
During the day, delegates will have an opportunity to learn in a variety of interactive formats – ensuring that each topic is fully understood and covered from multiple angles, with plenty of time for Q&As
The event in a nutshell
presentations on the most important areas of construction law
top legal minds sharing their insights and expertise
years advancing international professionals through an in-depth and immersive 5 day course