21-22 June 2021
Online: Live & On-Demand,
Part of The Maritime Online Series
CrewConnect Europe Virtual Conference
Leadership, the human element and the maritime workplace of the future
Empowering the people who power shipping
IMO and top crewing experts spoke at CrewConnect Europe 2021
Over the two-day event more than 30 sessions took place offering key insights on the crew change crisis, seafarers wellbeing and the vaccination program, cruise market outlook, and lots more of unmissable content.
2021 PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
In developing this conference agenda, we spoke to a lot of marine HR professionals. Join us and hear find out the solutions to your challenges from leading experts.
Dealing with the daily
- Assessing the continued impact of COVID restrictions on business and operations
- Vaccine distribution: projections and concerns
- Best practices, support, opportunities for collaboration
The year we skipped ahead
- Training – delivery, assessment, skill gaps
- Remote operations, audits, inspections and impact on competency
- Leadership skills in the digital training era
Caring for our Seafarers
- Dealing with fatigue, anxiety and stress
- The structured approach to a good mental health hygiene with prevention in mind
- Caring for our crew managers and shore-based personnel
Checking in with the Cruise industry
- Reopening business – what will it take?
- Recruitment and crew management best practices
- Training challenges – certification, training centre capacity, assessment
Industry & regional updates
- Assessing confidence in the industry – are we heading into a shortage crisis?
- Pressing need for change: STCW
- Status update from current crew supply countries in Europe
What’s here to stay?
2020 was the year of response; 2021 is the year of adaptation. In order to set ourselves up for a better year and future ahead, we must ask: what of the changes we have had to make to the way we work is here to stay and be improved, what can and should be reinstated and most importantly, what brand new opportunities lie ahead.
Expert speaker line-up 2021
Join our community
The CrewConnect community is strong and vibrant. But, on the advice of our members and supporters, we want to provide more opportunities to diversify and provide an even bigger platform for meaningful conversation and opportunities.
Here's how you can benefit.
Calling all active seafarers
We are offering complimentary conference access to active seafarers to help us get that reality check we all need and steer us in the right direction. So, if you or any of your seafarers are home and would like to join the conference FOR FREE, we welcome you!
Passes for Cadets and Students
A great deal of what is being discussed at CrewConnect will have a direct impact on the future of shipping and the seafarer profession. For this reason, we'd like to invite all cadets and students who are interested in taking part in the conversation to join us, as our guests.
Maritime organisations and associations
We rely on partnerships with industry organisations and associations to get our message out there and to help these bodies offer valuable opportunities to their members. We encourage our supporting associations and associations who become our media partners to extend a free invite to attend the conference to all of their members.