15 – 17 September 2020
CrewConnect Europe 2020 Conference
Leadership, the Human Element and the Maritime Workplace of the Future. Empowering the people who power shipping.
Get your pass today including access to CruiseConnect Summit and our brand new On-Board Leadership pre-conference summit.
A lot has happened in the past two months. Here's what we're working on:
As a general rule, the early bird catches the worm. However, it is never as simple as that. What the COVID-19 crisis is making painfully obvious, is that we all need to step up our game not only in terms of agility, but also in terms of relevance and empathy. This is why we've had to make some changes to our conference:
- CrewConnect Europe is scheduled to take place on 15 -17 Sept at the Barbican Centre in London – yes, we've had to abandon our plans to meet in beautiful Amsterdam, but we'll take you there next year! What happens if we are not allowed to hold the event as a physical gathering? We'll go digital! We're working on a digital clone for the event so either way, CrewConnect will happen.
- CruiseConnect Europe Summit will now be organized as a fully digital event the week before, on 9-10 Sept. We have realised that our colleagues in the cruise industry are faced with enormous disruption and we want to help, to continue to provide a platform for knowledge sharing and networking, but delivered in a way that is time and cost-effective.
- We're starting with a series of webinars from May to July to give the information in real-time and help set your priorities and stay in touch. Check out the info on our dedicated tab on the website.
- This year, CrewConnect will happen at the same time as our Women in Shipping Summit so get ready to mingle with a different and very inspiring crowd!
If you would like to get involved, if you have ideas or projects you would like to share, or just have a chat to give us some feedback, please get in touch!
CREWING & CRUISE WEBINARS
We are facing uncertain times and have had to radically change the way we live our lives and do business. We wanted to make sure you were kept up-to-date on everything, and to continue providing the professional support you need we have put together a series of webinars.
Join us from the comfort of your own home to hear about lessons learned and best practices for crew managers from other crew managers, mental health, the future of maritime workplace and training.
2020 PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
In developing this conference agenda, we've spoken to a lot of marine HR professionals. We've heard you. Hear the solutions from the leading experts at CrewConnect Europe 2020.
Priorities for sustainable development
- Are your crew aware of their role in the efficient deployment of any sustainability strategy?
- Ensure your organisation is not complicit in human rights abuses
- How to create a culture to enable a future that is that is efficient, fair and sustainable?
Shipboard AI and the human element
- What is central to your digital transformation strategy?
- Explore the role of technology in the new shipping environment. What is the sweet spot between the digital transformation and human element?
- Find the purpose in the design
- The paradox of automation: How to avoid a costly and potentially fatal trap, and not sacrifice competency for efficiency
- How to build trust in an autonomous system?
Need a dose of inspiration?
- Business model innovation: shipping in a circular economy
- What would a design thinking approach to maritime operations and training look like?
- Inventive resilience – learning for the future
- Learning formats for today: engaged, problem and scenario based learning, and simulation vs the traditional classroom format.
- STCW in the digital age
- What is your approach to talent management? What is your company doing well to identify and retain talent?
- Changing the paradigm in MET: unlocking the potential of emerging learning habits
The vital debate
- A crash course in crisis prevention
- Let’s get real: a healthy conversation about mental health
- Does your company have a coherent crew welfare management strategy?
Your opinion matters: the interactive sessions
- Challenging (un)conscious bias and developing a culture of inclusion
- Status update from current and emerging crew supply countries in Europe
- What are the pressure points for yourself or your organisation and how are you communicating them?
SPOTLIGHT ON CRISIS RESPONSE
COVID19, cyber-attacks, piracy.
What is your response plan? We will hear from experts, but equally important, from your peers on how they have dealt with crisis situations.
Preparing seafarers and their families for voyages into high-risk areas
This session will look at those situations that no one ever wants to have to deal with and more importantly, at some of the crucial safety precautions that should be part of your operations.
Reputation crisis management
Insights into the what, why, and how of brand crisis.
Learn how to effectively deal with threats to your reputation.
Cybersecurity and insurance
Does your insurance cover your organisation from cyber attacks? Most don't!
Discover how to protect your business when the worst happens.
NEW for 2020: Pre-conference summit
18 May 2020
Technology is changing the nature of work and the workplace. Autonomous systems are primarily designed to enhance or substitute the maritime workforce.
Nonetheless, no amount of technology or AI will remove the need for humans on board, and more importantly, leaders on board.
Discuss these crucial constructs and what they entail at our brand new pre-conference summit On-Board Leadership and the Ecosystem of the Maritime Workplace of the Future.
WE WANT TO GROW OUR COMMUNITY
The CrewConnect community is strong and vibrant. But, on the advice of our members and supporters, we want to provide more opportunities to diversify and provide an even bigger platform for meaningful conversation and opportunities.
Here's how you can benefit.
Calling all active seafarers
We are offering complimentary conference access to active seafarers to help us get that reality check we all need and steer us in the right direction. So, if you or any of your seafarers are home and would like to join the conference FOR FREE, we welcome you.
Limited VIP passes for Ship Owners and Managers
Relationship management is a key part of what makes our events so unique and so valuable to our partners. In 2020, ship-owners and ship management companies who are new to the CrewConnect community, attend this event for free as VIP guests.
Maritime organisations and students
We rely on partnerships with industry organisations and associations to get our message out there and at the same time, to help these bodies offer valuable opportunities for their members. We offer discounted rates for members of associations and organisations who become our media partners. We also offer significantly discounted student rates.
Our world-class speaker line-up includes:
New connections, new opportunities
Are you looking for an internationally recognised platform to launch your product? Interested in presenting your brand, business ideas and solutions to the industry face-to-face? Want to generate qualified leads?
We can help you do that (and more).
Get the latest event updates
Highlights from previous events:
Reviews from our speakers and sponsors:
"The premier event in the maritime world to meet with crewing and manning companies"
Stuart Ostrow, ShipMoney
"We get to interact with all the players and stakeholders within the industry... and it's important for us to be able to hear what they have to say"
Bob Fay, IRI Marhsall Islands Registry