15 – 16 September 2020
Delivered Live Online (CET time) & Available On-Demand
CrewConnect Europe Virtual Conference
Leadership, the human element and the maritime workplace of the future. Empowering the people who power shipping.
Get your ticket for a 2-day interactive digital experience and enjoy the benefits of a physical event from anywhere in the world.
CREWING & CRUISE WEBINARS
Join us from the comfort of your own home to hear about lessons learned and best practices for crew managers from other crew managers, mental health, the future of maritime workplace and training.
The recording for our recent webinar 'The seafarers' mental health: Learnings from walking a mile in their shoes' is now available to watch. Click the button below to access the recording.
2020 PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
In developing this conference agenda, we've spoken to a lot of marine HR professionals. We've heard you. Hear the solutions from the leading experts at CrewConnect Europe 2020.
Priorities for sustainable development
- Are your crew aware of their role in the efficient deployment of any sustainability strategy?
- Ensure your organisation is not complicit in human rights abuses
- How to create a culture to enable a future that is that is efficient, fair and sustainable?
Shipboard AI and the human element
- What is central to your digital transformation strategy?
- Explore the role of technology in the new shipping environment. What is the sweet spot between the digital transformation and human element?
- Find the purpose in the design
- The paradox of automation: How to avoid a costly and potentially fatal trap, and not sacrifice competency for efficiency
- How to build trust in an autonomous system?
Need a dose of inspiration?
- Business model innovation: shipping in a circular economy
- What would a design thinking approach to maritime operations and training look like?
- Inventive resilience – learning for the future
- Learning formats for today: engaged, problem and scenario based learning, and simulation vs the traditional classroom format.
- STCW in the digital age
- What is your approach to talent management? What is your company doing well to identify and retain talent?
- Changing the paradigm in MET: unlocking the potential of emerging learning habits
The vital debate
- A crash course in crisis prevention
- Let’s get real: a healthy conversation about mental health
- Does your company have a coherent crew welfare management strategy?
Your opinion matters: the interactive sessions
- Challenging (un)conscious bias and developing a culture of inclusion
- Status update from current and emerging crew supply countries in Europe
- What are the pressure points for yourself or your organisation and how are you communicating them?
SPOTLIGHT ON CRISIS RESPONSE
COVID19, cyber-attacks, piracy.
What is your response plan? We will hear from experts, but equally important, from your peers on how they have dealt with crisis situations.
Preparing seafarers and their families for voyages into high-risk areas
This session will look at those situations that no one ever wants to have to deal with and more importantly, at some of the crucial safety precautions that should be part of your operations.
Reputation crisis management
Insights into the what, why, and how of brand crisis.
Learn how to effectively deal with threats to your reputation.
Cybersecurity and insurance
Does your insurance cover your organisation from cyber attacks? Most don't!
Discover how to protect your business when the worst happens.
What to expect
- Our virtual platform will be your summit venue
- Enjoy enhanced flexibility with access to live and on-demand content
- Interact with influential speakers during live Q&A
- Participate in live polls
- Join hosted meeting rooms
- Visit exhibitors at virtual booths who will display a range of recorded material and downloadable information.
- Book one on one meetings with our exhibitors to find out more about their services
Our world-class speaker line-up includes:
Join our community
The CrewConnect community is strong and vibrant. But, on the advice of our members and supporters, we want to provide more opportunities to diversify and provide an even bigger platform for meaningful conversation and opportunities.
Here's how you can benefit.
Calling all active seafarers
We are offering complimentary conference access to active seafarers to help us get that reality check we all need and steer us in the right direction. So, if you or any of your seafarers are home and would like to join the conference FOR FREE, we welcome you.
Limited VIP passes for shipowners and managers
Relationship management is a key part of what makes our events so unique and so valuable to our partners. In 2020, ship-owners and ship management companies who are new to the CrewConnect community can join this event for free as our guests.
Maritime organisations and students
We rely on partnerships with industry organisations and associations to get our message out there and to help these bodies offer valuable opportunities for their members. We offer discounted rates for members of associations and organisations who become our media partners. We also offer significantly discounted student rates.
Partner with us
Demonstrate thought leadership and stay top of mind in the modern digital landscape. Partnering with us will give you access to an audience unconstrained by traditional travel and time considerations, and provide rich data and analytics to show your impact.
Find out how you can forge relationships and grow your business with one of our bespoke digital packages.