The 12-month online Diploma in Naval Architecture course, delivered in partnership with North Kent College, develops fundamental naval architecture knowledge, thoroughly explores its concepts and how they are practically used in applications from ships to offshore floating structures.
The course also explores mathematical modelling of various aspects of the ship’s lifecycle – from design principles to construction and operation, including constraints and requirements.
- Engineers including marine engineers, newbuilding engineers, repair engineers, offshore engineers, structural and mechanical engineers, and civil engineers who would benefit from a knowledge of the concepts underlying ship design and construction
- Shipyard and dry dock personnel who need to understand the role of naval architecture in ship construction and repair
- Project managers, consultants, surveyors, and allied roles who need to develop their theoretical and practical knowledge of ship design and construction
- Legal, regulatory and insurance professionals from Classification Societies, P&I Clubs, Maritime Authorities and Flag States needing to develop their understanding of naval architecture
- Other associated roles, such as sales and marketing, commercial managers, estimators and purchasing personnel who would benefit from a greater knowledge of ship design and construction for their roles
Log into your existing or create an Informa Connect account to download the latest course prospectus. Once logged in, you will have unrestricted access to all Lloyd's Maritime Academy content (across the entire course portfolio).