Upstream Processing refers to the first step in which biomolecules are grown. The process involves a series of intricate steps which must be carefully followed to ensure a successful move from upstream to downstream process development.
Over 5 weeks this course will walk you through the basics of early-stage upstream process development for mammalian and microbial products. The course will focus on USP planning, cell-line development, media selection and will finish with quality considerations to help you in laying the foundations for a successful and productive process.
BioProcess International Academy online courses are on-demand digital courses developed by our expert faculty providing learning on a range of technical topic areas.
Over 5 weeks students will learn through:
- 5 modules, split up into multiple bitesize recorded videos
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
- Revisiting the content with unlimited access to all the materials for 3 months
- Participating in the discussion forum to interact with other students
- Interacting with the trainer through the forum during the course
- Additional content such as materials and white papers available to download
Delegates will receive login instructions within a week of the course start date. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will you learn?
Understand processes involved with cell-line development including requirements, stability studies and vector design
Consider selection of media for different production strategies, testing and characterisation, viral and GMP concerns
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the initial upstream development process
Familiarise yourself with key quality considerations such as quality by design, experimental design and risk management
Who is this course for?
This course will be of interest to all professionals involved in upstream process development, including:
- Process scientists
- Technicians and technologists
- Bioprocess engineers
- Cell line development specialists
- Cell culture specialists
- Product managers
- Process development managers
- Quality assurance specialists
- Validation technicians
Find out more about online courses...
BioProcess International Academy online courses are perfect for busy professionals as they require just 2 hours per week of your time, and include an interactive forum for you to ask direct questions about challenges you are facing to expert course leaders.
On average, delegates of our online academies said...
25% discount on Routledge books
As a student on the course you will receive a 25% discount on any Routledge books or eBooks. To view the full product range visit the Routledge website www.routledge.com.
Examples of books and eBooks within biopharmaceuticals include:
- Bioprocess Engineering: Downstream Processing
- Bioreactors: Animal Cell Culture Control for Bioprocess Engineering
- Fundamentals of Modern Bioprocessing
- Cell Culture Bioprocess Engineering, Second Edition
- PAT Applied in Biopharmaceutical Process Development and Manufacturing
- Process Validation in Manufacturing of Biopharmaceuticals
- And more
Engaging in Continuing Professional Development ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become out-dated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’ themselves, regardless of occupation, age or educational level. This course has been assessed and is CPD certified.