3-5 & 13-14 August 2020
Virtual Summer School,
Delivered Live (UK Time) & On-Demand Afterwards
EU Competition Law Summer School, Digital Edition
Join the leading event to help you navigate the complexities of EU competition law. Gain a firm understanding of the fundamentals and build on them through multi-format sessions to shape practical strategies & address current challenges.
Speakers for 2020 include:
The perfect way to come to grips with EU Competition Law in just 5 days!
Covering all areas of competition law, this digital event is tailored to the needs of professionals and provides a firm understanding of EU competition law to help them shape their practical strategies.
Each day builds on a key theme in competition law, through a combination of intensive lectures, practical discussions, in-depth Q&As and real life case studies - ensuring that delegates are proficient in both the fundamentals, as well as currently developing tricky issues.
Instructed by top competition law minds, including regulators, in-house counsel, private practice lawyers and economists, each day will provide ample opportunities to network with your peers and experts and to establish a pool of invaluable contacts for future business opportunities.
In an era of physical separation, ensure you do not get left behind by developments in EU competition law and forge new connections with your peers across the world through our sophisticated and fully interactive conference app.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THIS VIRTUAL EVENT:
- Listen to insightful presentations and practical case studies from the comfort of your home
- Join interactive Q&As and participate in engaging audience polls
- Take advantage of innovative matchmaking algorithm to meet your peers with similar background and interests
- Schedule 1-1 meetings with delegates and speakers before, during and after the event
- Participate in virtual evening networking activities to help you forge stronger connections
- Increased flexibility with an option to watch key sessions on-demand
- Join from anywhere in the world and save on time, travel and costs
Informative and Practical:
- Gain a solid understanding of crucial competition law issues from a broad range of perspectives in a relaxed and informal atmosphere
- Review high profile cases and their practical implications
- Enhance your knowledge by embracing in-depth analysis and expert commentary on key EU competition law issues
- Develop cutting-edge strategies to combat common problem areas to avoid hefty fines
Who Should Attend:
- Junior lawyers seeking to gain a specialism in competition law
- In-house counsel requiring an impeccable grounding in the core areas of competition law
- Experienced lawyers who needs to know more about competition law
- Regulators & national competition authorities
- Professionals in need of an A-Z guide to EU competition law
Certification & Take Home Advice:
- Gain 26 CPD hours
- Certified on completion
- All the materials in one place including the full agenda, speakers' details, presentations and case studies on the app
- Take home practical advice and comprehensive event documentation for future reference
Each Day is Structured to Focus on a Theme, Providing a Solid Foundation in EU Competition Law
Day 1: Article 101
During Day 1 our expert speakers will provide you with a firm foundation for understanding EU competition law focusing specifically on Article 101 - including principles and practical examples of hard core cartels and key economic considerations, as well as horizontal agreements. Finally, you will have an opportunity to listen to a panel of in-house speakers on how they approach Article 101 in practice.
Day 2: Article 102
Day 2 will focus on Article 102 and explore the difference between abuse and legitimate competition, introduce theories of harm and discuss practical issues in pricing, as well as how the European Commission is approaching its enforcement priorities. You will be invited to join an in-depth case study to help you analyse the practical issues.
Day 3: IP & Competition Law
Join our speakers from Bristows to examine the interface between IP and competition law including the Vertical Agreements Block Exemption, Technology Transfer Block Exemption, the role of IP in Article 102 and currently developing issues surrounding digital markets, AI and data. The day includes two interactive practical sessions analysing practical application of the principles discussed throughout the day.
Day 4: Merger Control & State Aid
Delve into the law and practice of EU merger control including remedies and appeals. Our expert speakers will offer you a practical guide to merger proceedings based on their experience - including tips on how to structure a deal, pre-notification submissions, interim measures and how to handle multi-jurisdictional mergers.
Day 5: Enforcement, Litigation & Compliance
You will be introduced to the increasingly important area of private enforcement including best strategies for litigation. The day focuses on practical concerns for competition lawyers including how best to navigate the competition processes and current competition law risks and compliance challenges for corporates.
Plus! Take Advantage of the Networking App
Once you have registered to attend the event, you will gain access to event app and networking platform. Set up your profile and let the matchmaking algorithm recommend the best people for you to connect with, based on your professional background and interests. The platform helps you schedule 1-1 meetings before, during and after the conference.