Michael MorrisPartner at Clyde & Co
Michael is a re/insurance lawyer based in the Dubai office who specialises in litigation, trade-credit and political risk insurance (contentious and non-contentious), reinsurance disputes, professional liability claims and subrogated recoveries.
Michael's experience includes:
- Acting on a wide range of complex, high value trade-credit policy coverage disputes in the UAE local Courts, the Dubai International Financial Centre, and the ICC Court of Arbitration;
- Handling a wide variety of international insurance and reinsurance disputes;
- Drafting and advising on a variety of policy wordings on behalf of trade-credit and political risks insurers (both ECAs and private market);
- Defending high profile professional liability claims; and
- Pursuing subrogated recovery actions on behalf of PAR re/insurers.
Michael also has experience of advising and defending local insurers and their reinsurers in relation to Bankers' Blanket Bonds, Contractors' All Risk, Property All Risk, and Group Life Credit Assurance policy coverage disputes.
Prior relocating to the UAE in 2015, Michael gained extensive experience of commercial and professional liability claims in the United Kingdom, acting for insurance companies and a wide range of professionals (including: accountants, architects, barristers, engineers, solicitors and surveyors). He also spent 15 months on secondment in the claims teams of two global insurers in 2010 and 2014.