Open Innovation in the Financial Industry Training Programme
Powered by Innovation Academy
Key course information
With the move to open systems and rapidly increasing advancements in FinTech, the finance industry is embracing ways to be more agile, well connected and are exploring a variety of open innovation initiatives.
This 2-day training programme help you build the knowledge necessary to thrive in this new environment. It will equip you with practical open innovation tools, understanding of the most successful initiatives inside and outside of the finance industry and how to develop an action plan for your next steps.
Who should attend?
This programme is most beneficial for those involved with constructing and expanding innovation capabilities, engaging with external partners and new technologies and working on strategic innovation and growth initiatives.
Your trainer: Roland Harwood
Co-founder and Managing Director at 100%Open, the global open innovation agency that works with the likes of LEGO, Ford, UBS, Red Cross and Governments around the world. It was a spin-out from NESTA in 2010, the UK Innovation Agency and Investment Fund, where he was Director of Open Innovation. Graduating with a PhD in Physics from Edinburgh University, he has held senior innovation roles in the public and private sector. In addition has worked with hundreds of start-ups to raise venture capital and commercialise technology.
5 reasons to attend
- Feel confident in your understanding of open innovation and the different types available
- Know how to use key innovation tools & frameworks to help accomplish your objectives
- Learn how to effectively engage & co-create with the external ecosystem
- Identify key drivers & challenges of open innovation first hand from industry examples
- Develop areas that you need to focus on and prepare your next step actions
- Why: the new reality - industry pressures reshaping the industry
- Exploring the Open Innovation Ecosystem
- Innovation models: frameworks for industry change and organisational adaptation
- Open Innovation Engagement - what can you do
- Enhancing Open Innovation & Building the Adaptable Organisation
- Practical Case study: Thoughts from an AI start-up seeking to partner
- Corporate Case studies: Examples of Open Innovation across various institutions
- Practical Group Exercise: applying what you know
- So What: Reflections & Considerations
- Standalone: £1,250
- Bundle with Conference Pass: £700