2019 Endorsing Organisations
The Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI) is the representative body of the Luxembourg investment fund community.
Created in 1988, the Association today represents over 1,500 Luxembourg domiciled investment funds, asset management companies and a wide range of service providers such as depositary banks, fund administrators, transfer agents, distributors, legal firms, consultants, tax experts, auditors and accountants, specialist IT providers and communication companies.
The Luxembourg Fund industry is the largest fund domicile in Europe and a worldwide leader in cross-border distribution of funds. Luxembourg-domiciled investment structures are distributed on a global basis in more than 70 countries with a particular focus on Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
ALFI set out its ambition for the Luxembourg Fund Centre, to be a global centre of excellence for the asset management industry, thereby creating opportunities for investors, fund professionals and the global community as a whole.
ALFI defined its five key objectives as follows:
- Ensure UCITS remains the best-in-class for investor protection;
- Help fund managers and institutional investors to leverage the development of regulated European alternative funds, with AIFMD;
- Stimulate innovation within the funds industry;
- Facilitate cross-border fund distribution;
- Ensure Luxembourg remains the partner of choice for the asset management industry
ALFI actively promotes the Luxembourg investment fund industry, its products and its services. It represents the sector in financial and economic missions organised by the Luxembourg government around the world and takes an active part in meetings of the global fund industry.