Robin RiedelPartner at McKinsey & Company
Robin leverages hands-on expertise and broad cross-functional knowledge to advise clients across the aviation industry, including airlines, aerospace manufacturers, parts and service providers, airports, ground handlers, and investors. In a constantly evolving and competitive market, he helps executives address pressing strategic challenges and capture value and growth.
Robin’s work often focuses on large-scale transformations. He leads projects aimed at understanding industry and customer trends, developing and executing sustainable business and growth strategies, and driving business model transformations.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- transforming the overall business, covering operations, commercial and headquarters areas, overall organization, culture, stakeholder management, and integration and carve-out management, of multiple air carriers
- developing growth strategies, including business model and network design, for multiple airlines and aviation businesses
- advising investors in the due-diligence process to acquire stakes in aviation assets, including airlines, leasing companies, and ground-handling providers
- developing the services strategy, including market and capability assessments and inorganic growth target scans, for aerospace companies
- redesigning customer experience, including creating brand-focused signature moments to differentiate a midsize network carrier in its market and transforming key customer journeys, for an aviation services provider
Before joining McKinsey, Robin held department leadership roles in both the commercial and operations branches of a major airline. He is also a certified commercial airline pilot.