Due to the escalation of the situation regarding COVID-19, Informa has taken the decision to postpone GAIM Ops Cayman to September 29 - 2 October 2020, remaining at the Ritz-Carlton in Grand Cayman.
The wellbeing of our delegates and colleagues remains our number one priority so whilst this decision has not been taken lightly, we feel that moving the event further back in the year will provide the best possible opportunity for you to meet your business needs.
Any existing bookings are valid for the new event dates and attendees will have received an email notifying them. If you are an existing attendee and have any questions or concerns, please contact either:
Book with total confidence
As the COVID-19 situation is changing daily, we want you to feel totally confident about booking onto our events.
- If Informa needs to reschedule the event, we will simply roll over your booking to the new dates
- If Informa is unable to run the event again in the next 12 months, you will be entitled to a full refund
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact either:
We're looking forward to welcoming our attendees, sponsors and speakers at GAIM Ops Cayman 2020 in Grand Cayman this September. GAIM Ops Cayman is a controlled, curated private business meeting of 550 senior business professionals from the alternative investment sector.
Our number one priority is the safety of our delegates and colleagues, and there are always measures in place at our venues to safeguard your health and safety. We, along with the Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman are monitoring the situation and following the guidelines set by federal and local government and health agencies, and are in contact with Cayman authorities for their latest guidance and advice. The Cayman government is taking active steps to both restrict access to Grand Cayman by anyone who have travelled through seriously affected countries, and has put in place additional screening measures for those travelling through a number of additional locations. Additional information is available here.
Based on all this information, our intention is to continue to serve and support the industry by moving the dates of GAIM Ops Cayman 2020.
To ensure the health and safety of everyone, we are taking very specific control measures around the show and on-site facilities including:
- Monitoring our attendee list - we currently have no attendees joining us from any of the CDC Warning Level 3 = China, Iran, Italy, South Korea (Avoid Nonessential Travel) or Level 2= Japan ( Practice Enhanced Precaution) countries. These areas have historically not attended or represented a very small fraction of the GAIM Ops audience (less than 1 attendee per year on average).
- To date, 95% of our attendees are from North American and the Caribbean. Other attendees are from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Sweden, UK and UAE. At this point, only a very small number of people have told us they are unable to attend because of travel restrictions.
- The Housekeeping team at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman is following recommended guidelines by Marriott International to increase sanitation in public areas and guest rooms, as recommended by the World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control.
- Additional hand sanitizers have been placed in public areas around the resort for convenient guest access.
- Culinary team will be adding additional sanitation measures for all food preparation and displays.
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman is reinforcing cleaning and disinfectant procedures with focus on: faucets and toilet flushers, doorknobs and locks, desk and table surfaces, hangers, safes, light/air switches, TV remotes, and telephones
Our event services teams are on hand in advance of the event and onsite for any questions and for further information.
Please email us with any questions.