GC Engage Europe
The GC role has evolved. How can you address the new challenges?
The pan-European gathering of leading general counsel covering the hottest topics with renowned speakers and offering our senior audience unparalleled networking opportunities in unique and interactive formats.
Why would GCs attend?
- No hard sell from vendors
- Limited suppliers which are handpicked based on their capabilities
- Extensive peer to peer engagement
- Gain critical business insight through knowledge sharing between peers
- Benefit from a fully qualified audience which is invite only
- A genuine enterprise level general counsel audience
- Chatham House, closed door environment
- Relaxed and highly focused
- A bespoke agenda that is personalised to meet your needs
Unique round table interactive format
- Collaborate with high-level peers to share your own expertise in an intimate private environment.
- Learn alongside peers who share similar challenges and issues.
- Network with senior industry decision-makers on an invitation only basis.
We will bring together senior GCs from across Europe to attend a mixture of plenary sessions and interactive round-table discussion groups.
The key element is that the GCs qualify themselves into the round-table discussions which are most relevant to them. This format maximises interaction and allows intimate networking and knowledge sharing with all the attendees.
HOW WILL THEY WORK?
- Each round table features a different discussion topic and is moderated.
- Each GC will visit 3 topic tables for a 1-hour discussion over the course of the event.
- Additionally, there are two workshops of 90 minutes - one on each day.
- Keynote presentations and panel discussions anchor the event.
2019 Discussion Themes
Define Value? GCs Have More Choices Than Ever Before
There has never been more choice on where to spend a limited legal budget. We will discuss how GCs are adding tangible commercial value to their business, whether through legal tech, private practice or third party services, and whether those companies really understand what the GC definition of value is.
Anti-Bribery & Corruption
An opportunity to dissect the core ABC challenges around fraud, sanctioned corruption, whistle blowing, 3rd party risk, and how technology and predictive analytics can be used to spot trends quickly to deliver a robust compliance programme.
We will examine the role the GC plays in preparing for, mitigating against and dealing with the inevitable crisis through a structured roundtable. We will also explore the best way to respond to a data breach, and what companies and GC frequently do wrong in our cybersecurity workshop.
Mental Health & Culture Change
The legal department can be a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines and sometimes limited resources. In this session, we will discuss the increased focus on mental health across the industry and what different GCs are doing to best support their teams.
Psychology of Leadership
Ahi is a UKCP-accredited Psychotherapist, Counsellor and Mental Health Specialist. She has over 20 years of experience in the field and has worked extensively in the NHS and in private practice. In this session, she will discuss some of the elements that make up the leaders we see at the top, and what can be done to emulate or learn those characteristics.
The Changing Role of the GC
We all accept that the role of the GC has changed and continues to evolve. The great GC has a deep knowledge of the law coupled with extensive business awareness - join discussions that understand this developing role and gain insight on what the GC should do next.
In depth interactive workshops in 2019
Mental Health & Culture Change
This workshop will explore, via activities and discussions, how mental health is impacting our workplaces, how GCs can be more cognizant of the challenges within their teams (particularly when under pressure or in the face of deadlines) and examine how we can practically begin to build change and create more inclusive teams.
Under Attack: Repercussions of a Cyber Breach
Work through the challenges posed by a data breach in your organisation with fellow GCs from a wide variety of backgrounds. Understand how differing responses can impact public and internal perceptions.