4 December 2020
GENERAL AVERAGE SEMINAR
Understand the fundamentals of General Average, YAR 2016 and revisions to key clauses
Part of Global Marine Casualties Week, the seminar will explore the practical issues, commercial implications, and legal backbone of general average.
Agenda highlights 2019
Learn how to best overcome the insurance, legal and operational challenges that present themselves when dealing with general average.
A review of ultra large container ship accidents in 2019
Attendees will explore the latest legal cases in the news taking a closer look at the practical issues arising from the latest GA incidents.
Essential information on the theory and principles of GA including 2016 York Antwerp Rules changes
Understand the detailed aspects of the York Antwerp Rules and also CMI guidelines.
Updates on amendments and revisions to GA clauses
Get up to speed on specialist and variant general average clauses and standard contract revisions.
Trouble shooting discussion sessions – key areas covered:
- Should you or shouldn't you declare – cost/benefit analysis
- Challenges of managing containership general average
- Security collection is an expensive, paper driven exercise in a digital world. Can we do better and who needs to make it happen?
The insurer's perspective on GA and factors influencing hull and machinery and cargo claims
Discuss hull machinery exposure and challenges likely to arise in general average claims and take a closer look at cargo claims handling issues.
Active management of GA
Expert guidance on the implications of general average incidents for the various shareholders involved, including the procedures to be followed when an incident occurs, management of distressed cargo and legal issues arising in general average incidents.
Who Should Attend
EXPERT SPEAKERS INCLUDED 2019
This seminar would be perfect for anyone looking to:
- Get a thorough grounding in this much discussed and often misunderstood principle of maritime law.
- Gain insight into the key changes in the York Antwerp Rule 2016 revisions and BIMCO’s amendments to their Average Bond & Absorption clauses.
- Take part in a legal examination of the issues that arise during general average cases.
- Understand the various factors that can influence shipowner and insurer exposure.
- Be introduced to average adjuster best practice.
- Be led by industry experts through a series of casualty scenario sessions – putting the theory you’ve learnt straight to the test.
- Walk away having gained a unique insight into what general average is, what it does, and how it affects you!
Get the latest event updates
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (0) 20 7017 4399