11 - 12 March 2020
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel,
The world's largest conference on green ship technology
250+ Attendees | 50+ Speakers | 2 Days
Discover solutions to decarbonise the shipping industry and minimise its environmental footprint.
2020 KEY AGENDA TOPICS
Towards 2050: decarbonising the shipping industry
- Developing zero emission ships: focus on what are the critical success factors?
- Green financing options: what impact will the Poseidon Principles have?
- Case studies of zero emission technologies and economic possiblities
- Comparative analysis of the viability of alternative fuels
360 degrees discussion groups
- Ballast water management enforcement
- Developing a standard for inwater cleaning
- Ships' wastewater and waste management
- Shipowners and shippers dialogue on emissions measuring
Implementation of IMO 2020
- Update on the implementation progress in the first few months of IMO 2020
- Fuel availability, compatibility and pricing
- Enforcement: how is this being managed?
Ship design, technology and innovation
- What will ships designed for 2030 and 2050 look like?
- What are the engine manufacturers doing for 2050?
- How are owners and operators planning ahead?
Get involved in the debates!
- Discuss the continued use of LNG and prospects for other fuels
- Shipowner/cargo interests: meeting the climate challenge by collaboration across the value chain
- Deep dive into the pros and cons of scrubbers, including contingency measures, compliance issues, practical problems
NEW for 2020: International Wind Propulsion for Shipping Forum
Tuesday 10 March 2020
- Latest updates on wind propulsion in the current and future fleet
- Pathways to market: understanding financing issues and getting your technology seen
- Facing technical challenges and solutions for operations onboard
2020 EXPERT SPEAKERS
Pre-Conference Learning Opportunities
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel - 10 March 2020
International Wind Propulsion for Shipping Forum
With the options for wind propulsion systems expanding rapidly, this one-day forum will be the one-stop shop for discovering the real state of the market. Supported by the IWSA, the programme will examine financing and pathways to market; developing the technology, retrofitting challenges and operational solutions onboard; class society guidelines for safe operations; shipowners’ experiences and expectations; presentations of new technologies on the horizon with a look into the future.
Battery Technology for Shipping Workshop
This one-day workshop will drill down to the specifics of battery technology through a detailed examination of the technical, practical and safety issues for using battery power onboard ships. Using case study examples, the programme will focus on performance, safety and reliability of battery systems, their use onboard oceangoing vessels, developments in battery technology and the pros and cons of port recharging vs. onboard charging.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Green Ship Technology is now a CPD certified event. Attendees of the conference will be able to claim up to 19 CPD points for their activity.
For further information on CPD accreditation please visit: www.cpduk.co.uk
PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Showcase your expertise, present your ideas and solutions to our combined Green Ship Technology & Shipping Transformation Summit audience.
Selected shipowners attend our events for free as VIP guests!
2019 attendee shipowners included; Statoil ASA - Royal Caribbean Cruises - Ultragas - Condor Ferries Limited - Cargill - BP Shipping - Maersk Line - Chevron Shipping Co. LLC - Navigator Gas - Stolt Tankers BV - Ministry of Defence UK - Maersk Tankers A/S and many more.
For further information on other events in the series and to apply for a VIP ticket contact Ellen today on Ellen.Minshull@Informa.com.