Application Deadline 30 August 2022
Unrivalled and balanced insight into the current debates, opportunities and controversies around homicide investigation
Gain a solid understanding of the many challenges and opportunities facing the homicide investigative community today
MSc Homicide Investigation
The Programme is formed of 9 Modules, six of which are core and three are options that can be selected depending on interest.
- PGCert Homicide Investigation
Comprises three mandatory, core modules:
1. Anatomy of Homicide Investigation (20 credits)
2. Case Studies of Success and Failure in Historic and Contemporary Homicide Investigations (20 credits)
3. Advanced Research Skills (20 credits)
- PGDip Homicide Investigation
Comprises the prior mandatory three modules plus, the following core modules:
4. Homicide Investigations: Key Themes, Theories and Types (30 credits)
5. Disclosure (10 credits)
Students will then select ONE of the following optional modules:
6. Covert Techniques: Legislation and Operational Capability (20 credits)
7. Use of Intelligence in Proactive and Reactive Investigations (20 Credits)
8. Investigative Interviewing (20 Credits)
- MSc Homicide Investigation
Comprises of the prior requirement for the PGCert and the PGDip plus a dissertation of 15,000 words
9. Dissertation - Intelligence Sharing and Cooperation (60 credits)
Students will be supervised in their dissertation by the most appropriate member of academic staff from across the Liverpool Centre for Advanced Policing Studies.
Why Study Homicide Investigation?
- Gain a solid understanding of the challenges associated with this area of investigation.
- Examine key themes and debates that shape policy and practice associated with homicide investigations.
- Address areas of contemporary concern within the field including effectiveness, lawfulness, risks and ethics all of which contribute to investigative legitimacy.
- Explore a wide range of subjects including the anatomy of homicide; reasons for success and failure in homicide investigation; the use of intelligence in proactive and reactive investigations; key themes, theories and types of homicide; covert techniques and investigative interview models.
- Be provided with a deep and systematic understanding of the discipline.
- Grow your employability with a unique yet highly-regarded qualification from a world-renowned university
How you'll learn
- The course is taught in a distance learning format, with no attendance required on campus.
- All aspects of the programme are managed over the internet using a dedicated virtual learning environment platform which manages each participant’s learning schedule.
- The course will include access to online study materials plus tutorial and discussion forums for networking and interacting with tutors and peers.
- Forum discussions allow students to co-operate across time zones and share knowledge and experience and discuss the course content with other students and course tutors.
Mode & Duration
Part-time and Full-time
- 11 months (PGCert)
- 22 months (PGDip)
- 27 months (MSc)
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs