2-3 June 2020
Join the essential conversation about India disputes, new regulatory challenges, and future opportunities with leading practitioners and experts
Our esteemed Speaker line-up at India Disputes 2019 includes:
General Counsel, Compliance Officer & Company Secretary - India & South Asia
IN 2019 THE INDIA DISPUTES CONFERENCE EXAMINED:
The Status of the Indian Disputes Market
- New regulation in India and abroad since 2014
- Involvement of other jurisdictions, and position of India to take some of that business back
- Key Supreme Court decisions and recent case law
- Impact of the May elections
New Insolvency Regime
- Darius Khambata SC, One Essex Court, will examine the 2016 Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and its implications
- Legacy of historic regulation and consolidation of previous law
- National Company Law Tribunal and the passage of initial insolvency resolution orders; indicators for the industry?
Asset Recovery in India
- Trends, recent developments, and challenges within the Indian jurisdiction
- Exploring international opportunities for asset recovery
- Indian corporates: a different ball game?
- In India or not in India? Our panel debate where asset recovery should best take place
Institutional Arbitration & Third Party Funding
- Status of institutional arbitration vs ad-hoc post-2018 regulation
- Will the Arbitral Council of India encourage the growth of arbitration in India or is it a cause for concern? Our panel weighs the issues
- Does TPF have a way forward in India? After the 2017 law in Singapore, would a similar law in India be of benefit?
Enforcement of Awards & Anti-Suit Injunctions
- Attitude of Indian courts to enforcing international awards and judgements
- Enforcing awards from London, Singapore & Dubai in India - and what challenges does that present?
- Utilising and combating anti-suit injunctions; and exceptions to the rule
- Recent case law and Supreme Court & High Court commentary on the use of anti-suit injunctions
What Lies Ahead: The Future of India Disputes
- What's next in the wake of the 2019 Indian elections and the fallout from Brexit?
- Innovation in the sector and legal tech opportunities
- Global challengers - what jurisdictions will play the largest role in the future of India Disputes?
- Conservatism vs challenging the status quo - how can we engage the next generation?
India Disputes 2019 in Numbers:
2019 Platinum Sponsor
2019 Knowledge Partner
BECOME A PARTNER OF INDIA DISPUTES 2020
Take this opportunity to align yourself with experts in the field and showcase your knowledge and leadership skills to a room full of potential clients at this industry leading event
HEAR WHAT PEOPLE HAD TO SAY ABOUT OTHER KNECT365 LAW EVENTS
I think the topics are very good, it's exactly what we're looking for, it's exactly the space we're in.
Partner, Grant Thornton
The quality of the panels, the quality of the programme, the quality of the people here was terrific.
Partner, Baker Hostetler
Time out from the daily grind to be inspired and talk about pertinent issues with others.
General Counsel, ESB
Excellent conference well organised and well moderated by the chairman.
Head of Legal Services, SMP Partners
We find the quality of the networking very valuable for us.
Partner, Kobre & Kim
Very fresh, new, updated on a minute by minute basis. I can't wait til the next one.
Partner, Baker Hostetler USA