10 - 11 November 2021
Delivered Live (IST Time/GMT+5:30) & On Demand Afterwards
Join 300+ attendees in the essential conversation about the Indian disputes market, new regulatory challenges, current developments in cross-border cases, and future opportunities for international partners
India Disputes 2021 will discuss:
What next for arbitration in India?
- Emergency arbitrators & emergency awards: where does India stand?
- Extraterritorial impact of insolvency proceedings on foreign seated arbitration
- Recognition and enforceability of insolvency orders affecting foreign assets, and reciprocal arrangements with foreign governments for enforcing provisions of the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code
View from the bench: judicial perspectives
- Former judges share their insights, experience, and stories from their time on the bench and give their advice for arbitration.
- What key learnings can the audience take on board from their time in court?
- Take the opportunity to ask questions to these titans of the bench
Updates on the IBC and where do we go next?
- Discussing the promulgation of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance 2021
- What next for cross border insolvency?
- How will Indian courts deal with cross border cases?
- How much further outside of India will the IBC allow you to go?
Debt enforcement: judging the best strategy and accessing alternative routes
- How to work with litigation funders
- Impact of Covid-19 on corporate debt across the globe and how this affects the Indian non-performing loan and debt enforcement landscape
- Case studies of international debt enforcement in an Indian context
The case for foreign investment in India
- To what extent can you invest in India?
- Where does corporate law stand, and how is it likely to take shape in the future?
What does this mean for investment firms?
- Examine key developments and updates in focused sessions on:
- Construction disputes and the expert’s role
- Lessons from Amazon – future retail – reliance dispute
Speakers at India Disputes 2021 include:
Experience India Disputes Online:
Make New Connections, Meet Peers
Reach out to other attendees through the app, and start a conversation. The platform helps you schedule 1-1 meetings before, during, and after the conference - and will recommend attendees that match your interests. You can join group discussions, live Q&A with the speakers and participate in polls during the conference.
Customise Your Experience
Bookmark sessions, arrange meetings at a time that suits you, and watch selected content on-demand after the event. Log on early to start the conversation with fellow attendees. The networking area and 1:1 meeting slots are available in the platform from 3rd November until 25th November, giving you plenty of opportunities to meet some new faces.
India Disputes 2021 in Numbers:
BECOME A PARTNER OF INDIA DISPUTES 2021
Take this opportunity to align yourself with experts in the field and showcase your knowledge and leadership skills to a virtual room full of potential clients at this industry leading event
HEAR WHAT PEOPLE HAD TO SAY ABOUT INDIA DISPUTES 2020
A must-attend professional event/networking in respective legal practices. Meets the highest standards of virtual conference and interaction in 2020!
It was a new platform which was planned and executed very well.
Very easy to use interface, no technical glitches, excellent speakers, seamless break out/meeting rooms.
I thought the platform was as close to a physical conference as you could get virtually. Scheduling of meetings was far more efficient than in physical conferences.
Kudos to Team - India Disputes, it was a great effort to bring so many stalwarts together.
The event gave perceptiveness to the varied subject matters in discussion and provided a forum for a legal discussion, which provided understanding on the legal developments across the globe.
A BROAD PERSPECTIVE
Although the conference is focused on India and particularly the relationship, similarities and differences between the Indian and UK courts, we are looking forward to welcoming attendees from around the world, including from:
- Sri Lanka
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia