Dates TBC for 2020
3 modules | 3 weeks
Investment for Biotech
Engage, convert and manage the investor relationship
A course tailored to meet the needs of individuals in the biotech industry who are seeking an investor for their product.
Biotech presents huge opportunities and risks for investors. Greater sums are now invested in the space than ever before, yet failure rates for new drugs remain very high. Investors are understandably cautious about opportunities and this can mean that investment timelines are long and the process sometimes unclear. This course is designed to demystify your investment journey and smooth the path. Beginning with a comprehensive introduction, the course will move on to explore strategies for engaging with investors and managing the relationship across funding rounds.
This course is tailored to have a global interest for all staff involved investment rounds within biotech.
What will you learn?
Understand how investment works and the players involved
Gain perspective on what key aspects investors look for and how to engage with and convert investors
Understand funding rounds and types of investors
How investment differs from licensing
What should be included in non-confidential packages and slide decks and what should factor in your valuation
Benefits of Learning Online
EBD Academy's online course is ideal for professionals with busy schedules and/or small training budgets designed to help you maximise your business potential.
- The course is released in bite-size chunks so you can easily implement what you learn during the course
- Content is pre-recorded and one module is released per week, at 00:00 on each consecutive Monday
- Each module is just one hour long making your learning experience simpler!
Grow as a team
With multiple licenses your team can learn together, no matter where they are in the world!
- You will have direct contact with the trainer, Martin Eglitis, throughout the course through the forum.
- Find out more about Martin here.
Professional learning community
- Discuss any problems with fellow students and share insights in our professional learning community.
- Interact directly with the trainer throughout the course and for two months after.
- Once you have registered for the course, you can login and access course content.
- Take a short quiz after each module to consolidate what you have learned!
As an added benefit, you will have unlimited access to all course materials and our professional learning community for a further two months after course completion.
About EBD Academy
Born out of a partnership between EBD Group and Pharmaceutical Training International (PTI), EBD Academy provides highly specialized and immersive training that is committed to the personal progression and employability of professionals involved in pharma/biotech partnering.
Working in partnership with EBD Group, our vision is to enhance key skills and competencies to maximize successful partnering and accelerate career progression. We aim to deliver enriched learning content that has been researched with industry to tackle industry challenges and eliminate skills gaps.