Christian McDermottPartner at Latham & Watkins LLP
Christian McDermott, an experienced technology lawyer, advises clients on large-scale technology contracts, commercial collaborations, as well as fintech and payments transactions.
Mr. McDermott advises global and UK-based clients — including major financial institutions as well as publicly listed, private, and emerging companies — on the development, use, and commercialization of technology, in particular:
- Large-scale technology and outsourcing projects
- Complex commercial collaborations
- Fintech contracts
- Established and emerging payments technologies
- Licensing and distribution arrangements
- Diligence on technology and fintech M&A and IPOs
- Transitional services arrangements
- General commercial law and intellectual property matters
Mr. McDermott draws on more than a decade of experience with technology and fintech matters. He has a keen sense of what is at market, utilizes effective collaboration strategies, and has developed a reputation as a skilled negotiator who knows how to get deals done.