London, United Kingdom
We are committed to running the LGPS Climate Summit in an environmentally and socially responsible way. From dedicated debates on the agenda, to radical changes in the way we build our exhibition - here is a breakdown of how we are embedding sustainability in everything we do.
FASTERFORWARD TO ZERO
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more >>
HOW ARE WE BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE EVENT?
We believe a sustainable event focuses on three main aims...
We want the LGPS Climate Summit to be run in a socially responsible manner. To do so, we are focusing on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities and measuring our impacts
- Supporting sponsors and partners in donating to local and industry-related charities
The LGPS Climate Summit will run in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner, focusing on:
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Creating less waste and discouraging giveaways from exhibitor stands and media partners
- Considering sustainability credentials for every item sourced for the event
Our aim is for the LGPS Climate Summit to promote long-term sustainable development - in the way that we run the event but also in how it's implemented in the market as a whole. We are committing to:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the investment management market
- Developing close partnerships with charities, companies and associations and giving them a platform to promote their work in the field
- Facilitating discussions on pertinent topics including diversity & inclusion, gender balance, sustainability trends, the impact on the environment & more...
HOW ARE WE GOING FURTHER?
Case study - supporting our sponsors and exhibitors.
More than 80% of our attendees tell us that they care that our events are run in a responsible manner. That's why we're working more closely than ever with our sponsors and exhibitors to ensure we all commit to doing the right thing for our customers, colleagues, and the communities we serve.
Every exhibiting sponsor is provided with a 10 point checklist to help plan their presence at the event including information on donating to local and industry charities and how to engage with attendees on their stands without prize giveaways or hard copy flyers/leaflets/brochures being handed out.