4 December 2020
Liquefaction of Bulk Cargoes Seminar
Understand the technical, financial and legal implications of liquefied bulk cargoes
As part of Global Marine Casualties Week, the seminar will provide insight into both the theory and practicalities of liquefaction.
AGENDA HIGHLIGHTS 2019
Risk, liability and claims: the legal and financial perspective
- Who is liable in the event of an incident? Owners’ and charterers’ rights
- What do I need to know to accurately predict risk?
- Current trends in claims
- How to advise clients/ members
Ports, compliance and testing: expert operational know-how
- In pursuit of compliance – understanding and overcoming issues facing masters at port
- A discussion of the benefits and limitations of current and future testing methods
- What do masters need to know before accepting a cargo?
Latest guidelines and regulations: charting a course through unfamiliar waters
- Updates on the IMSBC code
- Discussions on regulation, guidelines and testing procedures
Understanding the threat: the science behind liquefaction
- An easy to understand breakdown of the liquefaction process
- Preparedness – the conditions under which liquefaction occurs
- Why are some cargoes more prone to liquefying?
Reality check: high risk cargoes and liquefaction hot spots
- Understanding why certain regions experience more incidents
- An update on the current situation in the Philippines and Indonesia
- High risk cargoes with a propensity to liquify
Findings and implications: discovering the way forward
- The implications of the Global Bauxite Working Group's crucial findings on the carriage of bulk cargoes
- The influence of mining locations on bauxite's properties
- Understanding the modified Proctor-Fagerberg test method
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399