Application deadline 19 August 2022
Learn international trade and maritime law and understand how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues
In Partnership with the World Maritime University
PGDip/LLM in International Maritime Law
- Introductory Module: An introduction to the English legal system
- Module 1 - International Trade Law: An Introduction to English Commercial Law and International Sales
- Module 2 - Bills of Lading Contracts
- Module 3 - Charterparty Contracts
- Module 4 - Marine Insurance Law
- Module 5 - Admiralty Law and General Average
- Module 6 - Payment and Finance for International Trade
- Module 7 - Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- Module 8 - Conflicts of Laws and Forum Shopping
SPECIALIST MODULE A - Ship Finance Law
SPECIALIST MODULE B - Oil and Chemical Pollution
SPECIALIST MODULE C - European Union Competition Law in Shipping
SPECIALIST MODULE D - The Four Pillars of Maritime Regulation
What you'll learn
English law is recognised internationally as a dominant legal system providing the basis for maritime and trade contracts, with London as the single most important forum for settling disputes, both through court litigation and arbitration.
This programme of study will develop your:
- Academic knowledge and awareness of international trade and maritime law,
- Increase your understanding of how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues
- To allow students develop an advanced understanding of an aspect of International Maritime Law
- To further students’ understanding of the interrelation between legal research and an understanding of the rationale and limitations of International Maritime Law;
- To offer the programme in a mode of study that accommodates students’ other commitments and career development.
How you'll learn
- Postgraduate Diploma:
18-month programme with an Introductory module, 8 core modules and 4 specialist modules, all compulsory elements of the programme. There are five assignments and a final examination.
12-month programme delivered via digital learning. You will study the Research in Business Law module and a Dissertation.
In partnership with the World Maritime University (WMU)
WMU is the global center of excellence for postgraduate maritime education, research and capacity
building. With the strength of its solid track record, it is well placed to offer Postgraduate Diploma
programmes that meet the educational and capacity building needs of maritime and ocean
constituents, including the relevant industry actors
100% Online - Learn from wherever you are!
At Lloyd’s Maritime Academy, lifelong learning is a concept that we’re passionate about and for this reason, we make it as accessible and flexible for our students.
Online learning puts you in control of your learning – especially suitable for all of us in the maritime industry where we often spend time away from home. With our courses you are free to study when, where and how you choose, and in the style and the speed that is right for you. Early morning, in a work break, late at night - it is entirely up to you so you can fit your education around your work and/or family commitments.
So what’s stopping you? Get in touch today and find out how we can help provide you with a timely career boost.
Why choose Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of where, when, how and the rate at which you study
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge
- Save money – no additional travel or accommodation costs