The agri community is increasingly seeking out untapped resources when it comes to people and talent - from attracting more women into the space, helping recruit a younger generation and shining the spotlight on diversity and inclusion. In this new eBook series, New Ag International is taking a closer look at some of these areas, starting with the veteran and military-affiliated community.
Through video panels, interviews, articles and research data, all with the support of the Project Opportunity Alliance, this eBook looks at schemes and strategies to encourage veterans into the agriculture workforce .
Click on the front cover above (or here) to explore or download the resource.
- PANEL DISCUSSION: Veterans in Ag: Transitioning to Entrepreneurship: An in-depth video discussion with a panel of industry leaders on military veterans’ transition to entrepreneurship within ag.
- How the Project Opportunity Alliance is expanding opportunities for the military community - interview with Elizabeth Guevara, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at Nestlé USA: Discover how Nestlé are future-proofing the workforce with skill-building and career opportunities through their Project Opportunity Alliance.
- PANEL DISCUSSION: Untapped Skills of Military Veterans in Agribusiness: A panel discuss how to create opportunities for military veterans in agribusiness, exploring the transition from the military to agribusiness and the cultural shock that often follows.
- DATA REPORT: Outreach schemes and investment programs to encourage veterans to the workforce: We explore the study data from the recent New Ag International Agriculture Community Report 2020.
- Veterans in Agriculture: Tools to a Different Trade: Michael DeSa, Founder and MD of AGD Consulting, and former Marine looks at the pathway for military veterans into production agriculture, with unique skill sets, innovation, and entrepreneurship.