Outsourcing & Third-Party Risk Management in Financial Services - A Practical Guide
The only workshop to addressing key regulatory and operational challenges of outsourcing and 3rd party risk management specifically for Financial Services Firms
What will the 12th Annual outsourcing & 3rd party risk management workshop cover this year...
Day 1: Regulatory position, risk management and establishment of new contracts...
- FCA, PRA, EBA and EIOPA expectations for governance of outsourcing arrangements
- Current drivers and benefits of outsourcing in today's financial services
- New contract management - provider selection and due diligence
- Contract negotiation key issues to be addressed
- In-house to third party provider transition
Featuring case studies and practical exercises to embed and cement learning points...
- Establishing risks and controls in outsourced operations
- Structuring meaningful service level agreements (SLAs)
- Mitigating contract termination risks
- Getting the most from your MI and SLAs
Day 2: Operational resilience, cyber risks, intra-group, exit planning, MI, change management...
- Operational resilience and business continuity planning
- Relationship management and governance frameworks
- Intra-group outsourcing operational and relationship challenges
- Cyber risks and data security
- Management Information in controlling an outsource relationship
- Change management and change controls
- Exit planning mechanisms for unplanned and planned exits
- Contract exit agreements negotiation and implementation
- Decommissioning and post exit
MEET YOUR WORKSHOP LEADER:
Eithne McManus is a consultant who specialises in assisting financial services companies with enterprise-wide risk management, with a particular specialism in outsourcing arrangements.
She is a qualified actuary, with over 20 years’ experience in the field of risk management. This included the role of Chief Executive of City of Westminster Assurance where, amongst other areas, she had direct responsibility for the governance and risk management of material outsourcing arrangements.
As well as advising clients, Eithne is also a non-executive director of two insurance companies and an asset manager. She is a regular speaker at Infoline conferences and workshops in relation to risk management and outsourcing.
Why you can be assured of adding real value...
250+ PAST ATTENDEES
With over 250+ past delegates from across the Financial Services sector you can be assured this workshop will add immediate value to you and your firm
Now in its 12th year, gain practical value from an agenda that has been continually enhanced to become the leading outsourcing training workshop for Financial Services firms.
18 KEY TOPICS
Benefit from 18 Key topics covered in just two focused days via presentations, case studies, workgroup sessions and practical discussion
About this practical third-party risk management workshop...
Who Should Attend
This unique course provides a practical guide to the latest regulatory positions, essential principles and practical approaches to outsourcing and third-party risk management in today's Financial Services sector. The course will be of immediate value to financial services professionals with responsibility for the management or oversight of outsourced operations as well as risk and audit managers requiring an understanding of the key approaches and best practice in this area.
This course uses a combination of focused presentations, case studies and illustrations to identify and explore outsourcing risks and risk management approaches.
There will be ample opportunity for delegates to ask questions and raise specific points of interest or concern.
- DAY 1: - 09:45 Registration - 10:00 Sessions commence - 17:00 Q&A and close of day 1
- DAY 2: - 09.00 Sessions commence - 16:30 Final Q&A and close of course