New Syllabus coming for 2024
Understand the EU procurement regime in the public sector and in other special procurement regimes under EU law
Study with a top 5 UK law school (QS World University Rankings 2021)
In Partnership with King's College London
Postgraduate Diploma/MA in Public Procurement Regulation in the EU and in its Global Context
Public Procurement Regulation is undergoing rapid change in the face of the demands presented by Climate Change, Covid and ever greater social and political expectations. This programme with King’s has been designed and adapted to address these changes and support law professionals in acquiring and developing their knowledge and understanding of Procurement Law in the wider international context. Students will acquire a sound working knowledge of EU procurement law as a core, essential model for procurement law but will look at a range of other international models and trade instruments so as to understand the context that they work within.
Candidates who achieve Merit or above are able to gain entry to the King’s Masters course which leads to an MA after preparation of a significant dissertation on a relevant procurement law topic.
King's College London reviews the modules offered on a regular basis to provide up-to-date, innovative and relevant programmes of study. Therefore, modules and their content offered may change.
- Module 1 - Scope of the EU Procurement Law Regimes
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: The Scope of Application of Procurement Law
- Unit 3: Tender Evaluation
- Unit 4: Tenderer Selection and Exclusion
- Unit 5: The Key Underlying EU Law: General principles, Competition and State Aid
- Module 2 - Introduction to EU Procurement Law and the Processes, Principles and Policies underpinning EU Procurement Law
- Unit 6: Public Procurement and the Wider Social and Sustainability Agenda
- Unit 7: The Flexibilities of the System: Procuring Complex Projects or in the Face of Complex Requirements
- Unit 8: Central Purchasing Bodies and Other Purchasing Systems, Different Models of Framework, Agreements and Issues with Electronic Procurement
- Unit 9: The Role of Procurement Law in the Performance Phase
- Unit 10: Utilities Sectors and Concessions, The Particularities of Defence Procurement from Three Perspectives
- Module 3 - EU Procurement Law in Context: Flexible Processes, Performance Challenges and Different Procurement Techniques & EU Procurement Law in its Wider International Context
- Unit 11: Remedies and Challenges for Breach of Procurement Obligations: EU and National Remedies
- Unit 12: Procurement Law in the Wider World: the GPA Model underpinning Global Procurement, the UNCITRAL Model Law and Requirements imposed by Multilateral Development Banks
What you'll learn
This programme has been specifically designed for professionals wishing to expand their knowledge and understanding of EU procurement law and regulation, while also placing that system within its wider international context.
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that:
- Details the purpose and effects of procurement regulation in achieving integrity, efficiency and better integrated markets
- Gives a detailed working knowledge of the EU system of procurement regulation in the public, utility and defence sectors
- Provides insights into modern procurement methods such as those made possible by electronic procurement and cross-border cooperation
- Develops your understanding of the expanding scope of policies being driven by procurement such as development of innovation, sustainability requirements and the need to meet the challenges set by new social policy requirements
- Outlines the wider transnational procurement systems applied by Development Banks and the promotion of further procurement goals through trade agreements and other international measures.
How you'll learn
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in the Public Procurement Programme is structured into three modules of twelve units.
- Each unit comes in the form of hard copy print and as a PDF file via the Programme website.
- Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to these will be sent with the unit that follows.
- Units are normally sent by post and overseas students will be sent their material by air courier. Students are expected to engage with the online platform during their studies.
- All students will be eligible to attend two optional weekend seminars at King’s College London.
Optional Weekend Seminars
- There will be two intensive weekend seminars normally in November 2023 and March 2024 (exact dates will be confirmed as soon as possible after enrolment).
- The weekend seminars will be held in Central London.
- Authors will lecture and revise study material during two full days of teaching.
- Seminars are recorded to view for those students who cannot attend the seminars.
- It is strongly recommended that students benefit from these intensive revision sessions. (The format of the seminars will depend on social distancing measures at the time).
- The seminars are not compulsory but are very beneficial and provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow students, the programme director and programme authors.
The Dickson Poon School of Law
Why study with the Dickson Poon School of Law?
- Benefit from the School's pioneering transnational legal research and teaching.
- Examine the issues of international corporate law, including regulation of mergers and acquisitions, corporate form and its issues.
- Focus on key transactions and legal arrangements entered into by a corporate body.
- Learn from world-leading academics and lawyers with decades of commercial experience.
- Expand your transnational network of commercial law professionals.
- Build the practical skills that employers are looking for.
- Begin your studies when it's convenient for you, with six entry points a year.
- Flexible duration: LLM - minimum 2 years, maximum 6 years. Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) - minimum 16 months, maximum 4 years. Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) - minimum 8 months, maximum 3 years
- Study mode: 100% online Study anywhere, anytime.
- Build your global network: Connect with like-minded peers.
- Support from start to finish: Connect in real-time with tutors and fellow students to enhance your learning.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!.
Get the Latest Course Updates for 2024
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge