Postgraduate Diploma in Public Procurement Regulation in the EU and in its Global Context
- Module 1 - Policy, Scope and Principles of the Regime and the Essential Procurement Decisions
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: The Scope of Application of Procurement Law
- Unit 3: Tender Evaluation
- Unit 4: Tenderer Selection and Exclusion
- Unit 5: The Key EU Law Principles and Context: General Principles, Competition and State Aid
- Module 2 - Application of Procurement Law Issues in the Face of Modern Challenges and the Need to Achieve Efficiency
- Unit 6: Public Procurement and the Wider Policy Agenda
- Unit 7: Flexibility in the System
- Unit 8: Frameworks and Other Models for Centralised or Innovative Procurement
- Unit 9: The Commercial and Practical Context for Public Procurement
- Unit 10: A) Utilities Sectors and Concessions and B) The Particularities of Defence Procurement from Three Perspectives
- Module 3 - Enforcement and the Wider World
- Unit 11: Remedies and Challenges for Breach of Procurement Obligations: EU and National Remedies
- Unit 12: Procurement Law in the Wider World
What you'll learn
This programme has been specifically designed for professionals wishing to expand their knowledge and understanding of EU procurement law and regulation, while also placing that system within its wider international context.
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that:
- Details the purpose and effects of procurement regulation in achieving integrity, efficiency and better integrated markets
- Gives a detailed working knowledge of the EU system of procurement regulation in the public, utility and defence sectors
- Provides insights into modern procurement methods such as those made possible by electronic procurement and cross-border cooperation
- Develops your understanding of the expanding scope of policies being driven by procurement such as development of innovation, sustainability requirements and the need to meet the challenges set by new social policy requirements
- Outlines the wider transnational procurement systems applied by Development Banks and the promotion of further procurement goals through trade agreements and other international measures.
How you'll learn
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law Programme is structured into three modules of twelve units.
- Each unit comes in the form of hard copy print and as a PDF file via the Programme website.
- Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to these will be sent with the unit that follows.
- Units are normally sent by post and overseas students will be sent their material by air courier. Students are expected to engage with the online platform during their studies.
- All students will be eligible to attend two optional weekend seminars at King’s College London.
Optional Weekend Seminars
- There will be two intensive weekend seminars in November 2021 and in March 2022.
- The weekend seminars will be held in Central London.
- Authors will lecture and revise study material during two full days of teaching.
- Seminars are recorded to view for those students who cannot attend the seminars.
- It is strongly recommended that students benefit from these intensive revision sessions. (The format of the seminars will depend on social distancing measures at the time).
- The seminars are not compulsory but are very beneficial and provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow students, the programme director and programme authors.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!.
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge