Application Deadline Extended: 15th September 2023
Learn the theoretical and practical aspects of EU law online, with a particular emphasis on the Treaties of the European Union
Study with a top 5 UK law school (QS world University Rankings 2021)
In Partnership with King's College London
Postgraduate Diploma / Masters In EU Law
Our European Union Law programme is a distance-learning course covering a wide range of important EU Law topics, such as free movement of goods and people, competition law, anti-discrimination law, external relations and judicial review. You will gain an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the most important theoretical and practical aspects of EU law, with a particular emphasis on the Treaties of the European Union.
Module One: Introduction to the Treaties and Internal Market
- Unit 1 - Introduction to the Treaties and Institutions (including Legislative Procedures)
- Unit 2 - Free Movement of Goods
- Unit 3 - Citizenship and the Free Movement of People
- Unit 4 - Freedom of Establishment and Services
- Unit 5 - Free Movement of Capital and Economic and Monetary Union
Module Two: Substantive Policies
- Unit 6 - Competition Law
- Unit 7 - Anti-Discrimination Law
- Unit 8 - Environmental Law and Policy
- Unit 9 - External Relations
Module Three: Procedural Aspects
- Unit 10 - Judicial Review of EU Law
- Unit 11 - Enforcement of EU Law Protection of Individual’s Rights in National Courts
- Unit 12 - Enforcement of EU Law – Articles 267 and 258
What you'll learn
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that:
- Deals with the free movement of goods and people (including citizenship), the freedom of establishment, the freedom to provide services, the free movement of capital and economic and monetary union;
- Covers competition law, social policy, environmental policy and external relations;
- Concludes with a judicial review of EU law, including liability of EU institutions, and the enforcement of EU law with regards to the protection of individual’s rights in national courts and with regard to the applicable procedures.
How you'll learn
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in European Union Law programme is structured into three modules of twelve units.
- Each unit comes in the form of hard copy print and as a PDF file via the programme website.
- Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to these will be sent with the unit that follows.
- Units are normally sent by post and overseas students will be sent their material by air courier.
- Students are expected to engage with the online platform during their studies.
- All students will be eligible to attend two optional weekend seminars at King’s College London.
Optional Weekend Seminars
- There will be two intensive weekend seminars normally in November 2023 and March 2024 (exact dates will be confirmed as soon as possible after enrolment).
- The weekend seminars will be held in Central London.
- Authors will lecture and revise study material during two full days of teaching.
- Seminars are recorded to view for those students who cannot attend the seminars.
- It is strongly recommended that students benefit from these intensive revision sessions. (The format of the seminars will depend on social distancing measures at the time).
- The seminars are not compulsory but are very beneficial and provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow students, the programme director and programme authors.
The Dickson Poon School of Law
Why study with the Dickson Poon School of Law?
- Benefit from the School's pioneering transnational legal research and teaching.
- Examine the issues of international corporate law, including regulation of mergers and acquisitions, corporate form and its issues.
- Focus on key transactions and legal arrangements entered into by a corporate body.
- Learn from world-leading academics and lawyers with decades of commercial experience.
- Expand your transnational network of commercial law professionals.
- Build the practical skills that employers are looking for.
- Begin your studies when it's convenient for you, with six entry points a year.
- Flexible duration: LLM - minimum 2 years, maximum 6 years. Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) - minimum 16 months, maximum 4 years. Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) - minimum 8 months, maximum 3 years
- Study mode: 100% online Study anywhere, anytime.
- Build your global network: Connect with like-minded peers.
- Support from start to finish: Connect in real-time with tutors and fellow students to enhance your learning.
Get the Latest Course Updates
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge