Postgraduate Diploma/MA European Union Law
- Module One
Unit 1 - Introduction to the Treaties and Institutions (including Legislative Procedures)
Unit 2 - Free Movement of Goods
Unit 3 - Citizenship and the Free Movement of People
Unit 4 - Freedom of Establishment and Services
- Module Two
Unit 5 - Free Movement of Capital and Economic and Monetary Union
Unit 6 - Competition Law
Unit 7 - Anti-Discrimination Law
Unit 8 - Environmental Law and Policy
- Module Three
Unit 9 - External Relations
Unit 10 - Judicial Review of EU Law
Unit 11 - Enforcement of EU Law (I) Protection of an Individual's Rights in National Courts
Unit 12 - Enforcement of EU Law (II) Proceedings in the ECJ
What you'll learn
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that:
- Deals with the free movement of goods and people (including citizenship), the freedom of establishment, the freedom to provide services, the free movement of capital and economic and monetary union;
- Covers competition law, social policy, environmental policy and external relations;
- Concludes with a judicial review of EU law, including liability of EU institutions, and the enforcement of EU law with regards to the protection of individual’s rights in national courts and with regard to the applicable procedures.
How you'll learn
- The distance learning Postgraduate Diploma in European Union Law programme is structured into three modules of twelve units.
- Each unit comes in the form of hard copy print and as a PDF file via the programme website.
- Questions will be set at the end of each unit and model answers to these will be sent with the unit that follows.
- Units are normally sent by post and overseas students will be sent their material by air courier.
- Students are expected to engage with the online platform during their studies.
- All students will be eligible to attend two optional weekend seminars at King’s College London.
Optional Weekend Seminars
- There will be two intensive weekend seminars in November 2021 and in March 2022.
- The weekend seminars will be held in Central London.
- Authors will lecture and revise study material during two full days of teaching.
- Seminars are recorded to view for those students who cannot attend the seminars.
- It is strongly recommended that students benefit from these intensive revision sessions. (The format of the seminars will depend on social distancing measures at the time).
- The seminars are not compulsory but are very beneficial and provide an excellent opportunity to meet fellow students, the programme director and programme authors.
Empowering you to achieve your LLM or Master's Degree from anywhere in the world!
Looking for a world renowned Digital Learning programme?
Boost your CV or gain a qualification in the Legal, Finance, Security, Terrorism or Maritime sectors with one of our Academic Programmes - 100% Online!
Why choose Informa Connect
- Accessible – 24/7 availability from wherever you have an internet connection
- Flexible – take control of how, where and when to study, at a pace that's right for you
- Professional – industry leading course directors and tutors
- Quality – study the same course used by corporations for internal training
- Network – with tutors and like-minded professionals from around the world. Use our online tutorial forum to ask questions and share knowledge