Collaborations and Commercial Transactions
New legals developments into novel funding structures, capitalising digital data and successful collaborations
THE KEY TO EFFECTIVE COLLABORATION AND MONITISING INNOVATION
Get to grips with the latest information surrounding collaborations and top tips for success in commercial transactions.
Take a look at some of the talks covered below:
Legal Tools to Monetize Data in Digital Collaborations when Data is the Principle Asset
- New developments and updates on data infringement
- The role of IP and licencing structures: are they fit for purpose in data-based transactions?
- Examining alternative legal structures and mechanisms when IP and licencing are unsuitable
- Can regulatory frameworks and data regulations be utilised for digital transactions?
- Best practice in structuring your contracts to ensure success
Adam McArthur, Assistant General Counsel, Corporate, AstraZeneca
Sally Shorthose, Partner, Bird & Bird LLP
Success Factors for Commercial Collaborations
- What are partners looking for? Key drivers for strategic partners and investors
- Is termination an appropriate remedy if it deprives a licensee of its fundamental asset?
- When things go wrong: identifying what you can claim and when damages need to be paid
Marie Fillon, National Partner, Dechert LLP
Alex Nesbitt, Senior Director and General Counsel, Corporate & Transactions, Teva Pharmaceuticals Europe BV
Mayalen Lacabarats, Head of Unit - Legal Department, Servier
Uwe Froehlich, Associate General Counsel, Head of Legal & Compliance EMENAR, Sobi - Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB
Commercialisation for Multiple Stakeholder Deals using Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)
- Aligning interests for different stakeholders from pharma, biotech and medical devices: which legal and contractual tools fit best?
- Case study insight on the use and benefits of corporate SPV to catapult you from pre-clinical into the clinic through to commercialisation
- Strategic advice to design corporate structures and facilitate harmonious working structures, making the most of the skills of a management team
Janita Good, Partner, Osborne Clarke LLP
Competition Law: Mergers, Collaboration & Distribution
- What is and isn’t permissible? Thresholds and conditions for triggering block exemptions
- Practical guidance on how to define a "relevant" market and the redefinition of potential collaborators and competitors
- Beyond just collaboration: M&A and full-function joint ventures; Distribution and Co-marketing; Innovation competition; and acquisition of start-ups and biotech
Miranda Cole, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
Collaborations & Commercial Transactions: Meet Our Speakers
Learn from the likes of AstraZeneca, Servier, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB and more...
The Collaborations and Commercial Transactions 2019 List
Join peers from across the globe, share insights and issues, and network with potential clients during the talks.
Companies attending will be amongst the likes of:
- Advokatfirman Delphi
- Advokatfirman Hammarskiold & Co
- Allen and Overy LLP
- Arthur Cox Unlimited Company
- Bech-Bruun Law Firm
- Copenhagen Economics
- DLA Piper
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Gomez-Acebo and Pombo Abogados SLP
- GW Pharmaceuticals
- H Lundbeck AS
- Hammarskiold and Co
- Johnson and Johnson
- Kromann Reumert
- Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyra AB
- Norgine NV SA
- NOVACOS Rechtsanwalte Partnerschaft mbB
- NSN Law Firm
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB (publ)