Tom HolloboneAssociate Managing Director, Compliance Risk and Diligence at Kroll, UK
Tom Hollobone is an associate managing director in the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, based in the London office. In this role, Tom both advises clients and oversees the EMEA research team.
Tom specializes on advising and implementing vendor screening programs and working to assist large multinational companies in setting up and maintaining robust anti-bribery procedures. He also has extensive experience in conducting compliance-driven due diligence, including pre-transactional due diligence, competitive intelligence, hedge fund manager screening and ultimate beneficial ownership research.
Tom also oversees all client requests for senior-level pre-employment screening across EMEA and has over 14 years’ experience in managing this type of work in strict compliance with EU data protection and privacy legislation. Tom joined Kroll in December 2004.
- Assisted a FTSE 100 corporate to risk segment a large vendor population and implement a screening solution to comply with UK Bribery Act legislation
- Worked with FTSE 100 financial institutions to help them comply with know your customer and other anti-money laundering regulations
- Devised research strategies and processes to assist a Danish corporate identify the ultimate beneficial owners of a number of high-risk third parties
- Structured and managed a large fund manager screening program for a large investment bank
- Performed in-depth pre-transactional due diligence on behalf of a financial institution on an oil and gas major based in Nigeria
- “Increasing focus on Beneficial Ownership: How to evolve your compliance program”, Kroll, July 2018
- “The best line of defence; An effective anti-corruption and bribery programme is vital to protect a company’s reputation", The Governance Institute, July 2017
- Due Diligence
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act, and Anti-Bribery Compliance
- Corporate Transaction Due Diligence
- Third Party and Vendor Screening
- Business Intelligence
- C-Suite Pre-Employment Screening