Platform Innovation Masterclass
In-depth, expert led training on the practicalities of investing in, creating and incorporating platform based business models into existing enterprises.
Thursday 19 September 2019
Key reasons to attend
An intensive day’s training dedicated to how best to design, build and launch platform business models in established enterprises. The Masterclass is separately bookable - meaning you can attend in addition to the main Summit, or attend only the Masterclass.
Who should attend?
- C-Level executives and their supporting VPs
- Corporate intrapreneurs
- Attendees of the Platform Economy Summit Europe
What will you learn?
- How and why platforms outperform other business models
- How to plan a platform strategy
- How to design and implement a platform business
- The role of blockchain and other new tech in enabling new types of platforms and ecosystems
- Best case studies of platforms in action
- Accelerate your knowledge of how to implement a platform strategy and business model
- Learn new methods and tools to help you design, validate and ignite a platform
- Network with other people who are on the same journey
- Benefit from interactive group work to fully internalise the concepts
Your trainer and lead facilitator:
Simon Torrance – Author/Presenter, New Growth Playbook
Simon is one of the world's leading experts on business model transformation and platform strategy and execution. He is Managing Director of FoundersLane, a corporate venture builder; a member of the World Economic Forum's digital platforms and ecosystems executive working group; presenter of the New Growth Playbook and co-author of the upcoming book 'Fightback - how traditional corporates can beat the digital disruptors at their own game'. He currently spends the majority of his time implementing platform ventures with incumbent corporates.
Matthias Walter, Founder, Platform Innovation Kit
Matthias is a keynote speaker, trainer and senior platform innovation expert, with over 15 years of experience in building digital businesses with a focus on B2B platforms and high-tech companies.
Sabrina Guzman, Managing Partner, Platform Innovation Kit
Sabrina is a platform innovation expert with more that 8 years of experience in building network based digital businesses with a focus on B2C platforms. She has been involved in the creation and launch of a Fin-tech and IoT platform, a recruitment marketplace and a readers community with more than 2 million users.
New growth playbook
Helping you prepare for the summit
The New Growth Playbook™ is a new online video-based learning programme for senior executives and their teams on the role of platforms in enabling business model transformation. New holistic framework, in-depth case studies, and actionable next step checklists. Ideal as a 'warm up' for the Summit, or for colleagues who can't attend.