Protecting the Media Conference
This event, now in its 25th year, serves as the ultimate review of key developments in the field of media law over the last 12 months.
This timely and thought provoking programme has been developed in consultation with Michael Skrein, Senior Media Litigation Partner at Reed Smith LLP
PROTECTING THE MEDIA 2019: THE ESSENTIAL UPDATE
In just one day learn how to more effectively protect yourself and your clients by gaining invaluable insights into the case law and current legal issues surrounding the key topics of defamation, privacy, data protection and many more...
- The last 12 months of case law in review
- Trials of preliminary issues in libel cases
- Jane Phillips, 5RB, will deliver this round-up
Privacy & Data Protection
- The essential privacy and data protection update, taking a look at all of the latest case law that you need to be aware of
- Hear from Antony White QC on this critical topic
Orders Against the Media
- Contempt - discussing Tommy Robinson and beyond
- State access to journalistic materials
- Restricting reporting materials
EXPERT SPEAKERS AT 2019'S Protecting the Media Conference
Including lawyers, barristers and in-house counsel
YOUR ESTEEMED CHAIR FOR THE DAY!
This timely and thought provoking programme has been developed in consultation with Michael Skrein, Senior Media Litigation Partner at Reed Smith
WHY ATTEND THE PROTECTING THE MEDIA CONFERENCE?
The latest regulatory developments:
- A view from the industry on the current state of media law
- How the Defamation Act is working out in practice
- Privacy and data protection update
- Regulating online abuse - are the introduction of controversial laws across Europe protecting users against harassment?
A must attend event for:
- Information law and media law solicitors
- Data protection and privacy lawyers
- In-house media lawyers and in-house counsel
- Editorial compliance
Attend this event to gain insight into the three Cs: