Ezra ZahabiPartner at AKIN GUMP
Ezra focuses her practice on financial regulatory matters relevant to the investment management and funds industry.
Ezra Zahabi advises on relevant developments and considerations regarding changes to the U.K. and EU financial regulatory framework, particularly with regard to:
- The U.K. financial services regulatory framework, including the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA).
- The EU legislative and regulatory framework, including the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and the related Regulation (MiFID II); the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD); the Market Abuse Regulation; the Short Selling Regulation and the European Markets and Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
- Structuring and promotion of sustainable funds, and the application of the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) and the Taxonomy Regulation.
Ezra participates in industry associations including the Sustainable Investment and Investment Management Sub-Committees of the Financial Markets Law Committee (a committee of the Bank of England) and the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) working groups. She provides client training on regulatory and legal matters, including market abuse. She is a Member of 100 Women in Finance and the Alternative Investment Management Association.
Ezra's recognition includes:
- IFLR1000 Women Leaders 2022, UK.
- Legal 500 UK – Financial Services – Non-contentious/Regulatory.
- ‘Best in Financial Regulation’ at Euromoney’s European Women in Business Law Awards 2020.
- Euromoney’s Expert Guides: Women in Business Law, “Leading Practitioner: Financial Services Regulatory”, UK, 2021.