Prioritizing sustainability is critical to the ROOFTech team, and our parent company Informa as we realize our events cause environment impact. ROOFTech is striving to identify, understand, and address these impacts to achieve continual improvement year after year.
Not only are we committed to running our events in an environmentally and socially responsible way, but we also strive to go further and inspire the sustainable development of the industry we serve, and the community we foster.
PROGRESS MADE SO FAR
- Tracking all wastage and energy usage from our events.
- Purchase renewable energy to offset our carbon emissions for Buildings Canada events.
- Reduce lighting and HVAC throughout move in and move out.
- Eliminate show guides from show to save on paper and printing.
- Remove the aisle carpet
- Reduce products and hand-outs ordered for the event
Here at ROOFTech, we have a lot of goals, some short-term whilst others are looking forward into the future.
Over 80% of our attendees say it is important that our event is run in a sustainable way, and we agree.
Our team will work together to create three substantial goals based around sustainability, community and diversity and inclusion.
Please check back later to see what goals we are working towards for ROOFTech 2023.
Working with The International Centre:
- LED Lighting throughout exhibition hall.
- Refillable water station within exhibition space.
- Catering supplies are 100% compostable.
- Cooking oil is recycled into fuel to heat barns.
- Rooftop herb garden where fresh herbs and a selection of vegetables grow. The kitchen aims at sourcing as many local in-season ingredients as possible.
Tips on how you can help!
- Travel to ROOFTech using public transport or carpool
- Bring a reusable water bottle to refill
- Whilst on-site please use the waste/recycling/composting bins correctly
- Scan QR code to use our show guide
- Donate to our local charity
- Attend the content based around sustainability
- Reduce physical handouts, opt for a QR code instead
- Reuse and recycle your booth and signage. Buy signage without dates so it can be reused.
- Avoid materials such as foam, plastic, and chemicals or adhesives
- Use energy efficient LED lights whenever possible to highlight areas and products within your booth, while keeping energy consumption minimal.
- During Move-In Move Out ensure you utilize the cardboard & hard/soft plastic recycling bins. If elements of your display cannot be recycled — consider donating re-usable material to companies like Habitat for Humanity.
At Informa, we are reducing our carbon footprint by increasing our efficiency, making and purchasing renewable energy, and making smart choices in how we travel. To compensate for emissions we can’t yet avoid, we help others reduce their emissions through carbon offset projects. Our work with Natural Capital Partners supports a range of certified, audited projects around the world that absorb or avoid greenhouse gases being emitted. Read further here.
FasterForward To Zero
FasterForward is Informa’s approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers, and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
Hale the waste generated through our events by 2025
Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more
DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY AT ROOFTECH
For ROOFTech to remain relevant for the next generation of leaders, we must push diversity hard at every turn, changing established thinking. And giving access to opportunities where you can learn more about each other and topics that drive change is our goal. Everything we do goes towards creating the ultimate experience: making a safe, inclusive space for people to gather and celebrate together.
ROOFTech is committed to excellence in serving all customers. We want people with disabilities to have the same opportunity to access our show and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place. To ensure your visit to ROOFTech is a rewarding experience, contact us in advance to let us know how we can better assist you. If you require additional tickets for supports persons, assisted devices or any accommodation, please contact us three weeks prior to the show so we can work together to meet your accessibility needs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org