30 November - 1 December 2022
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Tower of London,
Seatrade Maritime Salvage & Wreck
Future Shipping, Sustainability & Risk Prevention
The leading in-person meeting place for shipping, salvage, insurance and legal professionals.
Agenda Highlights 2022
Maritime is evolving faster than ever in light of a clear mandate to decarbonise, digitalise and automate. Risk management is vital, particularly with regard to future fuels, safety, salvage and legal considerations. The revamped Seatrade Maritime Salvage & Wreck conference connects the dots between shipping, salvage and services.
Salvaging Autonomous Ships of the Future
- What should ship designers of the future keep in mind to ensure safe salvage of autonomous vessels?
- Will greater onboard technology change the required skill set of the salvor of the future?
- What legal considerations must be considered for compliance and liability?
- Will we see changes to the operational imperative for salvage?
Emergency Response, Pollution Prevention and ESG
- Should owners and operators take a greater interest in ESG?
- How to navigate the call for greater transparency, accountability and managing reputational risk when involved in high profile salvage projects?
- An update on Lloyds Open Forum
- How can the salvage community proactively stimulate that interest?
- Do we need Poseidon principles for ship recycling?
Education and Training
- What new skill sets are required for salvors of the future?
- How will training and education need to adapt?
- How can the salvage sector remain competitive?
- What measures must be taken to address diversity, equity and inclusion?
- How can we showcase the industry’s great environmental benefit as an attraction for new talent?
Sanctions, War and Salvage: Lessons learnt and future challenges
- What lessons and best practices have been learnt throughout past and present conflicts?
- What opportunities traditionally present themselves for salvage work?
- What are the commercial, political and humanitarian landscapes to carefully navigate?
- If geo-political differences result in significant increases in sanctions, what does that mean for the salvage industry?
Safe Refuge for Damaged Vessels of the Future
- What lessons can be learnt from X-Press Pearl?
- What are the key safety concerns being faced by ports of refuge?
- Will there be riskier salvage operations in the future that have to take place in deeper waters?
- Is there a need for an update on international processes and regulations that govern ports of refuge?
End of Life For Vessels: Considerations for the present and future
- The transformation of salvage practices for green vessels
- Best environmental practices in salvage for the next generation of vessels
- How salvage can bolster the ability of the maritime industry to stay green
- New considerations of the disposal of waste and contaminants from next gen vessels
- Vessel recycling now and in the future and the adoption of the Hong Kong Convention
Latest speaker announcements for 2022
Discounts and free passes
Free shipowner tickets
Select industry operators can attend Salvage & Wreck 2022 as our guests.
Find out if you are eligible and apply for your complimentary pass.
Government employees are entitled to a 40% discount.
To secure your place at this rate, please email Ian Beattie.
The Salvage & Wreck Series is kindly supported by the International Salvage Union. Full ISU members are entitled to a 40% discount. Associate ISU members are entitled to a 25% discount.
To apply for the ISU discount, please contact by clicking the link below.
Get the Latest Event Updates
"Excellent gathering of all parties in the industry, Informa your hard work to enhance the level of the conference has paid off."