10 - 11 June 2020
Scrubbers: Operation, Maintenance and Compliance Seminar
Cost benefit analysis. Regulatory compliance. Operational efficiency.
Brought to you by Lloyd's Maritime Academy. Navigate your way through the scrubber installation and operation process with expert insights and shipowner case studies.
Agenda highlights 2020
Understand regulatory compliance
- Sulphur cap enforcement post January 2020 and what the future holds
- Port regulations on scrubber washwater & sludge disposal
- How is Port State Control monitoring compliance with IMO 2020?
Explore investment and financing options
- Assess the scrubber market and cost/benefit analysis
- Understand the impact on the market of shipyard delays
- Analyse financing options and potential payback times
Manage system selection & installation
- Planning effective installation project management
- Meeting the challenges of retrofitting and shipyard timetables
- Choosing the right materials to reduce breakdowns
Discuss efficient operations with practical examples
- Experiences of using scrubbers: compliance, successes and failures
- Choosing the right system for the fleet profile
- Developing new technology for emissions monitoring
Ensure you are planning for contingencies
- Trouble shooting ship board systems
- Learn about the penalties & liability for non-compliance
- Hear the P&I perspective on loss prevention and claims
Hear about crew training and maintenance issues
- Undertaking crew training for correct and safe scrubber operation
- Using data collection and monitoring equipment correctly
- Discuss how manufacturers can provide after sales service
We are now a CPD certified event. Attendees will earn up to 10 CPD points can request a CPD certificate after attending.
For further information on CPD accreditation please visit: www.cpduk.co.uk.